Admission of Guilt?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went straight for the throat and sent the standard 'Letter Before Action' (dated 18th May) to RBS Business Banking Direct as a Director of my Limited Company to reclaim £375.20, including interest. I received this reply today:

Thank you for your letter dated the 18th of May.

I have noted your comments regarding charges and would remind you of the Terms & Conditions of the Business Banking Direct Current Account. It is not a relationship managed account and therefore is your responsibility to ensure sufficient cleared funds are available to meet any items presented for payment. Similarly if you have instructed the Bank to debit your account for any standing orders and direct debits, then cleared funds should be available.

In the past we have on occasion appealed to our Business Lending Unit on your behalf to have items paid when insufficient funds are available and this causes the account to go overdrawn. This also prevents any embarrassment to yourself by having items returned unpaid. The resultant referral charges for the account are highlighted on the enclosed tariff.

On this occasion only we are refunding £90.00 of the charges. No further refunds will be given and we will not be appealing any items on your behalf. All items will be returned unpaid if funds are not available with the charge of £35 per item.

Please do not hesitate blah, blah, blah...

Does the refunding of £90 constitute an admission of guilt? Should I reply to this letter? If so, what do you suggest I say? Or shall i simply press on with a CCO after expiry of the 14 days? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks