Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder mtamu Novitiate mtamu's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

Default (((((Barclays Resolve Loan))))) Dilema!!!

I am in the process of making a claim for a friend, I was just going through the paper work and I came across 'Barclaysicon Resolve Loan'

To brief - My friend had an overdraft which was later on converted into loan, she signed It as a loan agreement with barclays sometime in 2004: The amount overdrawn at that time was 2000 which they turned in to a loan. She has been making regular payments to clear It an as of now, the balance remaining is about 400

My Questions are
    • There is/was a phrase in the loan agreement as termed 'Total Charge for credit' = 600: Can this be claimed back if so, how?
    • Can interesticon acrued on this loan be claimed, if so how?
    Many thanks good people

Similar Threads:
    C-L-A-I-M-E-D 1000 W-O-N 1000
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    barracad Authoritative barracad Authoritative barracad Authoritative barracad Authoritative barracad Authoritative barracad Authoritative barracad Authoritative barracad Authoritative barracad Authoritative barracad Authoritative barracad Authoritative barracad's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2006
    I am in
    (near) Stoke on Trent

Default Re: (((((Barclays Resolve Loan))))) Dilema!!!

If it was a legitimate loan, which your friend agreed to, then why would she be able to claim anything back?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

"Some people say The Stig chews on spark plugs and drifts while walking. Some say he is terrified of ducks, and that there is an airport in Russia named after him. All we know is that he is really barracad from The Consumer Action Group" - Jeremy Clarkson (allegedly)

www.unsubscribe-me.org

www.LOVEstoke.org
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder mtamu Novitiate mtamu's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

Quote Originally Posted by barracad View Post
    If it was a legitimate loan, which your friend agreed to, then why would she be able to claim anything back?
    She was forced to convert her overdrafticon into a loan, hence charged a fee of 600. In any case, this was an overdraft gone over the agreed amount, hence Barclaysicon converted it to a loan, then charged her for it

C-L-A-I-M-E-D 1000 W-O-N 1000
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder CAGisforME Informative CAGisforME Informative

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

Barclaysicon normally only offer Resolve loans to those in financial difficulties as a fixed term solution at a fixed interesticon rate.

How exactly was she "forced" to convert the overdraft to a Resolve Loan?

The "fee" of 600 is NOT a fee as you describe it. It is the "Charge for credit" - ie the interest etc for the period of the loan. Hence, as I described in my first paragraph, a fixed period/rate.

Interest acruing on the loan is what she signed up to in the loan agreement.

With respect, of course, like anyone else, your friend is entitled to claim back her unfair/unlawful charges on her bank accounts. However, it's NOT fair to assume that EVERY charge (ie interest etc on a loan) is unfair/unlawful.

You may not agree, but it would appear you are suggesting that Barclays should have given her an interest free loan!!

I don't mean to sound unhelpful, but I really can't see what you are getting at. Perhaps you could start off by explaining how Barclays "forced" your friend to take the loan....

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED
    4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors
    2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED
    NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10
    Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

My Head is officially out of the Sand
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE