retired parents claim advice please

zigvsam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I successfully got my money back off scabby abbey last year:) and i am now helping my mum and dad get some of their hard earned cash back. Mum and Dad have been self employed all their life now retired cash is as abundant and looking at their spending over the years and account management i figure they are owed a pretty penny.

Mum and Dad cant do this on their own as its just too confusing for them so i wanting to know if they can legally appointment me to act on their behalf???? I know getting the ball rolling can be done without this but when it comes to actually chasing things up on the phone does it have to be one of them? and if a court date was to be sat in the future can i attend and speak for them ?:???:

All advice welcome!

They can write to the bank giving you full authority to deal, but I understand that banks often don't pay any attention to this...

Instead, just draft all the correspondance yourself and get them to sign it (I think pp'ing is fine - solicitors do it all the time.)

As for chasing up on the phone - I wouldn't bother, keep it all in writing then nobody can deny something they have said to you verbally...

In the unlikely event of making it to court, your parents can request that you deal as a 'litigation friend', but I beleive that there can be additional issues with this form of representation.