Norwich Union Reattribution

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm new to CAG but have today taken a bit of time to read through the usual blurb you get from your insurance

companies, my particular one is Norwich Union, I have 3 with profit endowment policies that are no longer linked to a mortgage, I kept them running

as a sort of savings plan, it now turns out that Norwich Union are planning to do a reattribution, has anyone any thoughts or past experience of other

Insurance companies doing the same? - Also what does this mean for policy holders - The letters talk about some form of payment / bonus for

policy holders that give up their rights to a future payout from the inherited estate??? - Sounds to me like they are planning to buy Policy holders out of cashing in on a future windfall? - Am I way off the mark?

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno - but look up info on how standard life played/paid the game? It was a nightmare and a lot of what was done was done was to the disadvantage of all those who jumped as instructed/advised. Then the "heavy mob moved in to try and sort those who wanted to stay put... Never say never and assume the worst and that would be that you sign and agree to stuff without reading every inch of anything you get changing terms.. what you have needs reading and checking against what is on offer and if there are no definitive figures ask for them and if they don't get given beware as you will probably lose out.. remember the pensions and opt outs from what were good pension plans for all sorts of stuff eg NHS. But hey who am I - just joe public...

Just re read your post and would suggest that the biggie for them is to get you to waive/sign... why would you.. what do they know that you don't? Something that is for sure!! And I am sure it is not going to cost them more than it might you!