Colette V RBS - How to win.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I decided to hold back on posting until I'd won the case so I could give a brief run-down of how to get your money back.

The claim was for my mum and she had calculated the amount owed to be £2,294. She sent the initial letters and got no where, so I took over at the MCOL stage. I put the cliam spreadsheet together, and filled the money claim with the template from here, adding the statutory rate of interest. This put the claim up to £2,998.

Cobbletts then sent an offer for £2,294 once the money claim was submitted and it was refused as they had missed the chance to pay this at the first stage.

They then defended the claim and sent my mum the usual CPR18 request when the AQ needed filling in. This was answered with a template letter held in the Natwest forum, which tells Cobbletts they can't request this and that I was complaining to the County Court Judge.

The next bit was the best because I used the new strategy for alloacation questionnaires template. This meant that the judge ordered both my mum and Cobbletts to submit their defence by the 14th April even though the court case was due on the 27th June. Worked a treat.

I then submitted a defence based on all the templates on here. Cobbletts did not bother entering their defence (time wasters), and my mum received a cheque for £3,200 yesterday.

Therefore, anyone reading this thread who is just starting out my advice to you is to read all the threads that you need properly, and don't be put off by the Banks trying to bully you. This website is one of the best on the internet and I thank everyone who has taken the time out to help others out.

Reclaim the Right Brothers and Sisters!

A very useful and encouraging post kaiser. Congratulations ;)

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!