Bank Reference

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm planning a big move out of this country and in the process of opening another account my only problem is they require a bank reference, what actually goes into this and is now the best time to ask for this considering i've just sent them an LBA??

Are you sure they are not asking for permission to contact your bank direct for a

reference? It is usually an interbank enquiry -and banks in this country are very

circumspect as to what they say and how they say it.

Admittedly I have only ever required status enquiries, as opposed to asking about

the suitability to have a bank account, but I am sure the principle remains the same. The fact that your account has incurred charges or that you have a

potential legal suit with them should not alter the requirement that your bank

response is accurate, considered and fireproof.

Might be an idea to contact your new bank and ask them to contact your present bank direct though. This will absolve you of having to ask them yourself -as there

is probably never going to be a good time. And bearing in mind that your bank will probably want you to move, the reference could help to expedite matters.

I'll be moving to the caribbean at the end of the year and the new bank has requested for a letter of refernce from my current bank for me to ask them to contact them direct would be extremly long as the country is not on the same time length as us so it's in my best interest to get this from the bank myself.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks