Paid £10 for incomplete SAR, now they want a further £5

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I sent my SAR request,(paid £10) was sent statements for the last 6yrs-and have recently received my refund.

I am now considering making a new claim for the previous years, and I wrote to ask for the rest of my statements. (I sent them a LBA stating my inital request was incomplete.)

I received a letter today (with my LBA stapled to it ) asking for £5, is this a new additional fee? I thought the £10 for the inital request would cover?

Also, they have put the wrong name on the letter, well my name and address appears correctly at the head of the letter but then it changes to a 'Dear Mr and Mrs xxxxxxxx' I have no idea who these people are!

.....just double checked my statements..and they did cash the £10 cheque I sent for the inital SAR request. (a couple of months ago)

From reading around I gather the £10 should cover all requests for data/info?

Are they correct to ask for another £5? Has anyone else had to pay this? Any advice gratefully received!!...confused!! :?

No they're not. Tell them the cheque was cashed, give them the date too.

The DPA states that they are only entiteld to charge a maximum of £10 for an SAR request.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!