DAN v RBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have started my claim today by asking for my bank statements. What do I do when I receive them do I have to calculate all the bank charges negating 12 pounds off each claim as that is seen as the lawful charge, or do I go for the whole charge.

Only going to claim for any non paid direct debits, bank charges and also any interest over my normal overdraft interest charge. IS THAT RIGHT?

Wish me look

First of all please look at the FAQ's section this should clear some things up for you and also have a look at the templates library.

Forget about the £12 this is muddying the waters. £12 is not seen as a lawful charge (it probably unly costs the bank between £1 and £2 - even less if everything is fully automated.

You need to tot up all your bank charges in full over the last 6 years (in England/Wales) or 5 years (in Scotland). If you wish to claim back interest (I would recommend that you do) you can charge them at the contractual rate for unauthorised overdrafts from the date of the charge - I believe for RBofS this is 29.84%.

You will find templates for excel spreadsheets to calculate this in the templates library I think.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.