Ulster Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a customer of Ulster Bank ( part of the Royal Bank of Scotland). I had a couple of months of illness and fell behind in my direct debit payments etc, as I was only getting SSP. When I got back on my feet and starting getting a regular wage through temping full time and working 4 shifts a week in a pub, since the start of March, Ulster Bank has, to date taken £960 in charges!!!!:rolleyes:

I was spoken to, this morning like a child, by a member of staff at the branch where I hold an a/c, when I tried to stop 2 cheques, when I realised on Friday night they took all my wages on Friday! I have not spent penny of my wages since I started temping and when I challenged this woman this morning about the charges, she told me that I should not be writing cheques or have direct debits I can't pay because this would only lead to charges being applied when they are stopped!

I have tried a couple of letters but have had no joy - any suggestions? I have opened another account, but noticed today that my Ulster Bank a/c is now £124 overdrawn! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!:eek:

Any help or suggestions would be eternally grateful on how to get my hard earned cash back!

figure out how much money in total you are due for the past 6 years, write a letter asking for it back, if there is no joy, write another one with a 14 day limit and you should hopefully hear something back by then.

If not, write a nasty LBA (letter before action) demanding the money within 14 days or they will be going to court. You have to keep on top of the timetable you set or they will think you don't mean business.

Hope that helps.

I also am claiming from Ulster Bank for 2100 pounds approx. Ive sent my prelim letter yesterday so the ball is well and truly rolling...you are entitled to claim back any unauthorised charges that have been applied to your account for the past 6 years.

Read then reread the FAQ section and then get your own claim going.

Good luck

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks