Insurance company Direct Debit charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This wouldn't be Amber Select would it ?

I've just had them over the phone, I advised the A&L had shafted me again and I would ensure the funds for a subsequent DD claim next week.

Then he told me they will charge £20... I went ballistic and have cancelled the insurance.

Does anyone know the legality of their punishment fees ??:mad:

This is an issue with a number of insurers now and agree that it is just another money making exercise. No doubt it will be stated in their T&Cs however I would complain in writing stating that you advised of this and it is an unfair penalty charge.

As for cancelling the policy ( Fuz ) this was probably not the best course of action as you may find that money may still be owed. ( Read previous threads ). You cannot cancel verbally so if you have not returned the certificate, I suggest you contact them & advise you won't be cancelling but still complain about the charge.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Thanks for the info but I am in a position now where I don't care what companies throw at me, thanks to 10 years of donkey government.

Luckily, by the end of this month I'll have moved abroad.