Direct Line: Security Violation - Are your details safe?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I am very concerned at the level of security protecting our personal data at Direct Line. :mad:

Earlier this week, I telephoned their accounts dept to provide them with my new account details so that new direct debit mandates could be set up.

This morning, I receive numerous confirmation letters and direct debit guarantees for all of my policies (all well and good!). BUT I also receive such a confirmation with full bank account details for ANOTHER customer!!:o Also, received with some template document for automated despatch of documents (with some code IPW Job Id: 88510).

Naturally, I contacted them and explained the situation and my discontent with such a security violation! The operator's reply was simply 'I'm only the operator - this is one for the big boys. Please return with a covering letter asking for full investigation'. Makes sense, and I will do!

So what should I put in this letter to make it clear that its not acceptable? Should I CC the FSA?

Best

BB