Cancel A Mobile Contract? - Can't Talk Talk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cancelled mobile contract with Carphone Warehouse in January. Cancelled DD with bank. CW attempted to get DD. Same in Jan then Feb then March. Then I got debt collectors letters so wrote to cancel again. Still trying to collect money from DD. I've now paid debt collectors £58 to complete closure BUT CW still say account live and that I hadn't sent the closure letter by registered mail!!!!! Thety've now added another £20 to account. What can I do?

Guest Lueeze

Are you out of your minimum contract? Have you used the phone at all in the period you were cancelling? You do not have to send it registered. I would write them a stern letter advising that you cancelled this account on xxx date, and you will not therfore be liable for any extra payment, subsiquently you will be expecting a refund of the £58 and make sure you check to see if they have added anything untoward onto your credit file too! I think you may have had a 30 day cancellation period though!

Good Luck

Lou x

• 7 months later...

As a back up you need to send cancellation/ disconnection letters recorded delivery so you don't end up in a situation like your in now. You need to ring customer services who'll put you through to a disconnections team and they'll give you a specific address to send your letter to. The reason they say send registered is so you have proof that it was sent in the 1st place if it was sent normal mail it could've ended up anywhere. Get that letter sent again and make sure the acc gets closed!

• 10 months later...
Cancelled mobile contract with Carphone Warehouse in January. Cancelled DD with bank. CW attempted to get DD. Same in Jan then Feb then March. Then I got debt collectors letters so wrote to cancel again. Still trying to collect money from DD. I've now paid debt collectors £58 to complete closure BUT CW still say account live and that I hadn't sent the closure letter by registered mail!!!!! Thety've now added another £20 to account. What can I do?

Don't pay them anymore and challenge them. They seem to have an unstoppable computer generating bills. They are perhaps the worst phone bucket shop but no one seems to have challenged them. It's not the customer, but talkTalk who is in breach of contract and obtaining migration from BT by misrepresentation.

maunj

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks