Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder drbell Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2006

Default Cancel A Mobile Contract? - Can't Talk Talk

Cancelled mobile contract with Carphone Warehouse in January. Cancelled DDicon with bank. CW attempted to get DD. Same in Jan then Feb then March. Then I got debt collectorsicon letters so wrote to cancel again. Still trying to collect money from DD. I've now paid debt collectors 58 to complete closure BUT CW still say account live and that I hadn't sent the closure letter by registered mail!!!!! Thety've now added another 20 to account. What can I do?

Similar Threads:

Lueeze

Default Re: Cancel A Mobile Contract? - Can't Talk Talk

Are you out of your minimum contract? Have you used the phone at all in the period you were cancelling? You do not have to send it registered. I would write them a stern letter advising that you cancelled this account on xxx date, and you will not therfore be liable for any extra payment, subsiquently you will be expecting a refund of the 58 and make sure you check to see if they have added anything untoward onto your credit file too! I think you may have had a 30 day cancellation period though!

Good Luck

Lou x

Basic Account Holder shellbells1982 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

As a back up you need to send cancellation/ disconnection letters recorded delivery so you don't end up in a situation like your in now. You need to ring customer services who'll put you through to a disconnections team and they'll give you a specific address to send your letter to. The reason they say send registered is so you have proof that it was sent in the 1st place if it was sent normal mail it could've ended up anywhere. Get that letter sent again and make sure the acc gets closed!

Basic Account Holder kamadhenu Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2007
    I am in
    Harrow

Quote Originally Posted by drbell View Post
    Cancelled mobile contract with Carphone Warehouse in January. Cancelled DDicon with bank. CW attempted to get DD. Same in Jan then Feb then March. Then I got debt collectorsicon letters so wrote to cancel again. Still trying to collect money from DD. I've now paid debt collectors 58 to complete closure BUT CW still say account live and that I hadn't sent the closure letter by registered mail!!!!! Thety've now added another 20 to account. What can I do?
    Don't pay them anymore and challenge them. They seem to have an unstoppable computer generating bills. They are perhaps the worst phone bucket shop but no one seems to have challenged them. It's not the customer, but talkTalk who is in breach of contract and obtaining migration from BT by misrepresentation.

maunj
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by kamadhenu View Post
    Don't pay them anymore and challenge them.
    Any chance you can check the dates of posting before reawakening dead threads? This particular one is 11 months old since the last posting.

Basic Account Holder kamadhenu Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2007
    I am in
    Harrow

Any chance burying the dead threads? Suffering has continued beyond 11 months!

maunj
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Scotland

They do have a use (old threads) but it is usually new mewmbers who look only at the content and not the dates...

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE