Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    dar£n Informative dar£n Informative dar£n Informative dar£n's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    worcestershire

Default British Gas Payment Plan

Account with BG for both Gas and Elec always in credit due to the monthly payment plan paid via DDicon.
    Anyhoo, this month got my statement, clearly showing my account in CREDIT last quarter and remaining in credit after the winter useage. but they have decided to INCREASE my monthly payment by £15 per month.

Not having this I phoned them up. Adviser agreed that it looked like an error but would only decrease the amount by £5...
    I told them it was their error and I wanted it put back to the original payment level immediately. NO!
    I would have to wait for confirmation of the new payment level before contacting them again to get it reduced further.
    I threatened with complaining to Head Office, [no such reply of course] and even switching suppliers.. No Joy.

These people are just far to big these days to even give consumers the slightest bit of customer satisfaction.

but then if i switched the new supplier would prob be just as bad eh?

http://www.findmadeleine.com/
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Scotland

Default Re: British Gas Payment Plan

Considering they've just announced their charges are going down, it seems they've forgotten to pass this information to their future usage calculator.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    dar£n Informative dar£n Informative dar£n Informative dar£n's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    worcestershire

That was part of their argument.
    "well it doesnt really matter cos as the prices have been reduced, your account will be recalculated at the new rate"

"WHEN?"

" We cant answer that at this point"

http://www.findmadeleine.com/
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Mark_Blackpool Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2006
    I am in
    Hampshire, UK

Cancel the direct debiticon, and pay the actual amounts on the bills as they arrive.

It is not up to the payee to dictate how much you'll pay them each month regardless of how much you owe them, which is precisely what you are allowing them to do.

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Scotland

I'm afraid under these payment schemes, it IS up to the payee to calculate the annual consumption and average it out over the year. Even the ability to recalculate should it appear the payments THEY said would be adequate for the year are wide of the mark by 10% or more.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE