Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder carl1 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Oct 2006

Default How long does a Direct Debit sit on an account

Hello my question relates to my Basic Bank account that does not have an overdrafticon facility. A direct debiticon was due on a monday but a previous DDicon had not come out and then appeared on the friday late so my account was overdrawn . I spotted this monday morning and paid 15 pound in cash at a branch at 12.10pm and asked if there would be any problems on my account with regarding the DD going out and was told no, checked the next day and told the DD had been bounced ??? is it correct i thought DD hung about till at least 2.30pm ??? any ideas from bank staff oh also got a late payment strike on my experian report nice ,what makes me laugh the DD was taken on the very next day by orangeicon

NATTIE

Default Re: How long does a Direct Debit sit on an account

nope most banks say it needs to be paid in the previous working day, working days meaning monday to friday

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Scotland

Default Re: How long does a Direct Debit sit on an account

I'd urge you to cancel the direct debiticon, if you're working so close to the wire, this will become a cash cow for the banks. It's often cheaper to pay by alternative means (when compared to the fines charged by the banks). DDs don't 'hang' they are processed as the beginning of the banking day and as they arrive, with credits only being applied at the close of business.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE