Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder cracking Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

Default Help needed;Scottish Power;

Has anyone had a dispute with Scottish Power over an account? I have been in dispute with Scottish Power since Jan 06. I have got nowhere with them although they have behaved in a draconian way. I cannot get anywhere with Energywatch nor with The Energy Supply Ombudsmanicon. They all seem to be quangos and not truly policing problems with energy suppliers - purely window dressing. Scottish Power have instructed bailiffs now nothwithstanding there is a variety of matters they have failed to address. Can anyone give me a hand in terms of where I go from here? Is there an action group against Scottish Power? This is urgent!

Cracking

Similar Threads:

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2006
    I am in
    Heaven

Default Re: Scottish Power Dispute

Hi Cracking.

You would be better to re-ost this in the Utilities Forum. Click on the following link.......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...tricity-water/

Good luck.
    Regards, Rooster.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group MARTIN3030 Highly authoritative MARTIN3030 Highly authoritative MARTIN3030 Highly authoritative MARTIN3030 Highly authoritative MARTIN3030 Highly authoritative MARTIN3030 Highly authoritative MARTIN3030 Highly authoritative MARTIN3030 Highly authoritative MARTIN3030 Highly authoritative MARTIN3030 Highly authoritative MARTIN3030 Highly authoritative MARTIN3030's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2006
    I am in
    no doubt that Banks give a bad deal
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Scottish Power Dispute

I am quite suprised to hear this.
    I too had a dispute with them and have to say Energywatch frightenened the life out of them once involved,and was resolved.
    It was a long process before things happened.Although if the account is being disputed then any recoveries of money should be suspended.
    I think you should maybe give some detailed info on what the problem is and whats happened so that others here can advise.If the baliffs are involved then you do need to act fast and I would suggest that you post all the info asap,so you can be properly advised as to how to sort it from here.
    I will move your post to the utility forums but if you do get any baliff problems before getting this sorted there....then I suggest you look in the debt forums for some advice.

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    ozzywizard Highly informative ozzywizard Highly informative ozzywizard Highly informative ozzywizard Highly informative ozzywizard Highly informative ozzywizard Highly informative ozzywizard Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jul 2006

Default Re: Help needed;Scottish Power;

If the Energy Supply Ombudsmanicon has ruled in their favour then there is little you can do (did you get as far as the deadlock letter etc). Seek advise on dealing with the repayment and bailiff etc.

Basic Account Holder cracking Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

Thanks for the replies.

The position is fairly complicated as Scottish Power have constantly compunded their ineptitude.

They have billed us for next door's useage, have got the wrong meter number, have billed us in the wrong metric units, have sent us lots of estimated bills having read the meter over and over again, have sent us credit notes which have not been taken into account when they calculate the account, have clearly lied to us on several occasions about what they are doing, refuse to explian their calculations to us, have got SPM Collections (debt collectionicon agency which is part of SP) involved several times despite the bill being under dispute, have got a company called Grosvenor Legal Services Ltd to write a threatening letter to say that the bailiffs are about to pounce - at the same time, we have a counter claim against them which wipes out any indebtedness owed to them, no court proceedings started, the matter has been referred to Energywatch who do nothing and now the Energy Supply Ombudsmanicon is saying that as the problem arose before its inception in July 2006, they cannot help. Scottish Power refuse to send me a 'deadlock letter' as they say there is no need to as the case arose before July 2006. They also know that only with that could the ESO get involved.

Our account has altered from a staggering 4000 down to 1200 as it now stands. Only two people live here in a semi detached house and we are both out all day. The bill is clearly wrong yet we now have bailiffs trying it on.

We are going round in circles. Surely there is some action group to help us. If not I'd be happy to take it on.

Cracking

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    ozzywizard Highly informative ozzywizard Highly informative ozzywizard Highly informative ozzywizard Highly informative ozzywizard Highly informative ozzywizard Highly informative ozzywizard Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jul 2006

the Energy Supply Ombudsmanicon is saying that as the problem arose before its inception in July 2006, they cannot help
    That is unreal, so in effect on most billing issues they wont be of any use for around 2 years from now. From what you are saying they have dealt with you in a disgrace, let me have a think about this and I will post back tomorrow when I have more time as my shift finishes in like one min and me wanna go home.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE