Rbos - What To Do

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Submitted claim to rbos for £7,700 they offered £7,200 in the same post as a court claim being submitted - accepted their offer but have found out today that they have used all the money to pay off my overdraft and existing loan with them as in their words "it was not my money" - did originally ask for cheque told unable to have that it would have to be paid into my account as was still open - said that I had sent letter shutting account but that was not received this account was deemed active - no want to know what to do for the best - do I pursue them through courts for interest (court claim was for £11,500) or do I just lick my wounds and retreat?

If you accepted the payment they made as 'full and final settlement of my complaint' then I'm not sure if you can go back for another bite of the cherry....

On the issue of the bank using the money to pay off outstanding debts...I can see where people's tendancy to start spending their payouts before they get them (guilty as charged myself) might leave them feeling sore when the bank grabs it back, but consider this - You are overdraft free and no longer have to make repayment on that loan for the next xx years.

IMHO that's still a net gain.