• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

First national tricity finance "WON"

Guest deep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Hi

I am trying to track down First National Tricity Finance for a Loan that was cleared 3years ago, and attempting to reclaim charges on it.

I have tried to find link on site for them but to no avail, Does anybody have any info on them please or a link would be sooooo appreciated

Regards

Dee

First National are now GE MONEY. Address as follows;

GE Money consumer lending ltd.

53-61 College Road,

Harrow,

Middx HA1 1FB.

Customer service department Tel 0870 850 0850 Fax 0208 909 4355.

Don't bother phoning them. They will fob you off. Send a Subject Access Request.

This will help you .http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526 . Good luck

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hi,

I too am chasing First National Tricity Finance. however i found that First National & First National Tricity while being part of the same company are actually quite different as one does not deal with accounts relating to the other ( if that makes sense)

the Telephone Number if its definatley a Tricity account is 0870 550 0100

and the address for a SAR i was given by them is

First National Tricity Finance

PO Box 700

Leeds

LS99 2BD

which is the GE Money address, but make sure you mark it for First national tricity

Good Luck with your claim

regards

Paul

icon14.gifThanks for info above.

Slightly concerned though as GE Money is my mortgage provider and have issues with them :-x not in my favour at the moment.

All these financial institutions have it all boxed up, people who get into difficulty through no fault of their own are just £££££££££££ signs for there evil fat cats.

If i were to claim against Ist Nat Trinity which is now GE Money if succesful would they take it off my mortgage arrears/charges:?:

Regards

Dee

deep,

They are two seperate agreements so i don't think they can do that. Also i had three loans out with First National. When they were bought out by GEMoney. Two of the loans went to Harrow and one went to Leeds. Neither arm of GE seem to know what the other is doing. So i would hazzard a guess to say you would be alright.

If they have charged you penalty charges you are legally entitled to claim them back.

So don't let them take what is rightfully yours.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

:) Thanks Parkvale

You have given me the push.

Sar request already done now for 1st Nat Tricity. Will send R/D 2 moro.

If it does effect my mortgage with GE Money hope I will get support form this site.

In one way I wish they would take me to court (:rolleyes: dont know if I really mean that) I would love for this can of worms to come out.

Thankyou

Regards

Dee:p

deep,

Just take it carefully. Loads of help available on this great site. Don't be afraid to ask. ;) . Its amazing how your confidence grows as you get stuck in, but always remember the final decision is always yours.Good luck. rolleyes.gif

icon14.gifThanks

they will prob make me wait full 40days for Sar request, so could be some time before I post on this thread.

Any one else looking inicon6.gif this is the most amazing site and fantastic people and advice

Am I dreaming or are there really human angels;)

icon3.gifI believe

Regards

Dee

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys an Gals

Quick update.

1st Nat offered full & final settlement, to be paid within 21 days.

As soon as I recieve, another donation on its way.

Happy New Year.

Waiting outcome of close door OFT Cushty meeting with Banks on 14th! To further pursue other ongoing claims.

Donkey, shaft, carrot, stick, does come to mind though, not necessarily in that order

Take care you guys an gals

Kindest regards

Dee

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE.

• 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

I had several Tricity Finance account cards between 1980 and 1990 and to my knowledge all of them had PPI on them. But I have no longer any paperwork or account information. How would I go about seeing if GE still hold records of these accounts ?? Do I need to use the SAR (mentioned above) and send it to them ?

** Edit: Just found an old payment book from 1995. It is for First National Tricity Finance so I have at least one account number available. Any one got any idea of an address to use for them today ?? I guess if I complete a SAR then they are obliged to also give me details of the other accounts they had for me as well ?

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard B
Additional info