having no luck - need help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before chritsmas (nov ) i had to give up full time employment due to sickness. and I got charged for a direct debit, i did wat the bank wanted me to do and i stopped the direct debits but they still semed to keep on charging me. Then I was put on benefits and the bank would take all of this money. I magaed to get one charge back over the fone, th bank reassure me thered be no more charges but still they keep comin. over a fornight a go i decided enough was enough i had paid a few charges but why no more and that i only wanted about 60 pound refunded and that was for the last 2 . i sent the letter but no reply so i have sent another last week. wat should i do now cos they have yet again sent me another letter for a charge ontop of acharge cos i havent paid.This is started to stress me out now. I thought the bank werent taking me seriously because i wasnt asking for that much money, what should i do???

Hello :)

My opinion is, I would open an account with a different bank for your benefit to be paid into so it doesn't keep vanishing. If you've got all your statements then add up all charges and send the prelim, if you haven't got all your statements then send the SAR. Both these letters can be found in the templates library. Read lots of threads and ask lots of questions before each stage, this is a really friendly and helpful site and everyone is here to help keep you right.

Remember- you are doing the right thing, it's your money that they've taken! Stick to your timescale and don't let them mess you about anymore. I think there's also a letter in the library to stop them taking benefit money, have a good look around and any questions, just ask!

SM:p

Paying interest on a loan caused by penalty charges? Read this!!

Very useful A-Z here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html?highlight=can%27t+find+what+you%27re+looking+for%3F

New strategy for Scots claims here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/71013-urgent-attention-please-read.html

Scottish procedure:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/42620-scottish-procedure.html

I am a layperson not a legal expert, my advice is offered without prejudice or liability, it is purely my opinion based on personal experience and should be treated as such. If in any doubt seek the advice of a qualified professional.