How long do Halifax normally take to refund your money?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

received a letter on Saturday (dated 7th) which said that they would refund my claim on £719 within the next 14 days.

The question is do they normally wait until day 14 or do they pay up quickly. If they don't pay within 14 days as stated should I start court action as they 14 day deadline from my second letter ends on Thursday 15th?

I received £1500 of a £1700 claim with four days once the paperwork had been signed and sent back to Halifax.

Claims:

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.1) - Claim Issued 16/3/07 Await Defence to be Entered - Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - *WON

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.2) - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges + s.68 Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

bgqs v Halifax - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges +C.I Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

*Paid Deposit on New House with my Winnings !

Um I didn't receive any forms to sign. The letter said that no further action was needed as it would be credited into my account.

Do you think I should give them a call to see if I do need to sign anything first?

I had to sign a piece of paper which was a disclaimer basically saying that the refund is being offered as a gesture of goodwill in full and final settlement of any claim and that they accepted no liability....I sent it back to them and they credited my account within four days.:)

Claims:

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.1) - Claim Issued 16/3/07 Await Defence to be Entered - Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - *WON

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.2) - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges + s.68 Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

bgqs v Halifax - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges +C.I Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

*Paid Deposit on New House with my Winnings !

Well Im not having much luck, not sure if there stalling me or something but Im having trouble getting my money out of them. I have issued them with a very strong final warning and I have contacted them on the phone but they said they need more time before I would get a full response. I offered them a reduced amount to pay and threatened legal action within 48 hours as they promised me someone would call by then, they never. What am I doing wrong it looks like Im going to have to put in a small claim.

Well Im not having much luck, not sure if there stalling me or something but Im having trouble getting my money out of them. I have issued them with a very strong final warning and I have contacted them on the phone but they said they need more time before I would get a full response. I offered them a reduced amount to pay and threatened legal action within 48 hours as they promised me someone would call by then, they never. What am I doing wrong it looks like Im going to have to put in a small claim.

Without sounding harsh, what you are doing wrong is trying to discuss it with them IMHO. Id just send the letter, wait for the relevant dates and do what you said you would do.

They will pay in the end

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Hi, think im in same boat as Kelly!! returned letter of acceptance 17 calender days ago and was hoping id have received the money by now (LBA was up this saturday just gone), but after phoning them today i was told 14 WORKING days and id have to wait til it was my turn!!! Do i give them til friday (or might be monday) or start my court claim (which i dont wanna do particularly as im totally skint... not a penny)!!???

Traci

Halifax... claimed £1629 feb 2007.

Abbey..... started claim feb 2007.

You should start your own thread but I would phone them and say if it isnt in by 4.00pm Tuesday, you will issue a summons and interest and costs will be incurred.

Your LBA was up Saturday, stick to your timetable

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth