Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder KellyDJ Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

Default How long do Halifax normally take to refund your money?

Hi

received a letter on Saturday (dated 7th) which said that they would refund my claim on 719 within the next 14 days.

The question is do they normally wait until day 14 or do they pay up quickly. If they don't pay within 14 days as stated should I start court action as they 14 day deadline from my second letter ends on Thursday 15th?

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder bgqs Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

Default Re: How long do Halifax normally take to refund your money?

I received 1500 of a 1700 claim with four days once the paperwork had been signed and sent back to halifaxicon.

Basic Account Holder KellyDJ Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

Um I didn't receive any forms to sign. The letter said that no further action was needed as it would be credited into my account.

Do you think I should give them a call to see if I do need to sign anything first?

Basic Account Holder bgqs Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

I had to sign a piece of paper which was a disclaimer basically saying that the refund is being offered as a gesture of goodwillicon in Full and finalicon settlement of any claim and that they accepted no liability....I sent it back to them and they credited my account within four days.

Basic Account Holder browneyes66 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

Angry Re: How long do Halifax normally take to refund your money?

Well Im not having much luck, not sure if there stalling me or something but Im having trouble getting my money out of them. I have issued them with a very strong final warning and I have contacted them on the phone but they said they need more time before I would get a full response. I offered them a reduced amount to pay and threatened legal action within 48 hours as they promised me someone would call by then, they never. What am I doing wrong it looks like Im going to have to put in a small claimicon.

Basic Account Holder Isiris Informative Isiris Informative Isiris Informative Isiris Informative

Cagger since
    Mar 2006

Quote Originally Posted by browneyes66 View Post
    Well Im not having much luck, not sure if there stalling me or something but Im having trouble getting my money out of them. I have issued them with a very strong final warning and I have contacted them on the phone but they said they need more time before I would get a full response. I offered them a reduced amount to pay and threatened legal action within 48 hours as they promised me someone would call by then, they never. What am I doing wrong it looks like Im going to have to put in a small claimicon.
    Without sounding harsh, what you are doing wrong is trying to discuss it with them IMHO. Id just send the letter, wait for the relevant dates and do what you said you would do.

They will pay in the end

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder raytraci Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

Hi, think im in same boat as Kelly!! returned letter of acceptance 17 calender days ago and was hoping id have received the money by now (lbaicon was up this saturday just gone), but after phoning them today i was told 14 WORKING days and id have to wait til it was my turn!!! Do i give them til friday (or might be monday) or start my court claim (which i dont wanna do particularly as im totally skint... not a penny)!!???
    Traci

Halifax... claimed 1629 feb 2007.
    Abbey..... started claim feb 2007.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Isiris Informative Isiris Informative Isiris Informative Isiris Informative

Cagger since
    Mar 2006

You should start your own thread but I would phone them and say if it isnt in by 4.00pm Tuesday, you will issue a summons and interesticon and costs will be incurred.

Your lbaicon was up Saturday, stick to your timetable

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE