Complaint Timescales

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone run these past me? I am making a complaint> I have put it in writing, isn't there a certain amount of time that they have to respond in? As set down by the FOS.

If so what is it and can someone give me a breakdown of the steps.

The insurer has 8 weeks to prepare their case to the FOS

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

craig do they not have to acknowledge the complaint? Then send out a response or something. I sent one over a week ago now and havent heard anything. Shall I follow it up with another letter? Or go straight to FOS.

Want to get this right.

Officially under FSA rules - An insurer has to acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days. If the complaint cannot be resolved within 5 days, an explanation of the delay must be given , with a date (no more than 2 months away) when a full answer will be given, along with a copy of the firm's complaints handling summary.

If unresolved after 2 months, the complainant must be advised that the delay too can be referred to the FOS.

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07

Chris is spot on with the timescales. However, many companies have internal timescales that are even tighter than FSA e.g. 2 days to acknowledge. Under FSA you should receive a complaint leaflet setting out the procedure with their acknowledgement letter. If not, request one.

21/8/06 Intelligent Finance - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

1/9/06 Intelligent Finance Prelim Approach letter requesting refund of £319 charges

10/9/06 Intelligent Finance LBA sent

26/9/06 Moneyclaim Online filed - £385.88

12/10/06 Settlement of £415.88