Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder gemspan Informative gemspan Informative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Nov 2006

Default credit file information - wrong!!!

Hi there

Im looking for some help. I paid for info from checkmyfile.com and have discovered the RBSicon have a default registered against me for something that was paid off 2 years ago and they have since refunded 368 on charges whcih were included in the final amount. I did not receive a default notice and nobody told me the account was having problems.

Also, how can a bank register credit information on payments on a current account? I dont understand this.

Lloydsicon TSB also have a default rgistered against me. Shows me as delinquent!!! All the overdrafticon was due to charges and have been paid back. The account now is in credit but that isnt showing.

My mortgageicon shows 4 payments missed and there is only 2 missed. And there are lots of inaccurate information registered re loans I have. What can I do? Can I claim compensation for inaccurate information?

I also paid for a service for 3 agencies but Experian is not showing. Does anybody else have this problem with this service. I need to know the exact situation re my accounts and bought this because it offered the 3 main services.

Thanks in advance.
    Annie

Similar Threads:

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder poochball Novitiate poochball's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Manchester

Default Re: credit file information - wrong!!!

Hi There,

With regards to the defaulted account from RBSicon, if you did not receive a copy of the default notice then I would write to request this. You will need to send a Postal Order for 1. A template letter can be found here.

The Current account, Did you have any overdrafticon facility on this account? I say this because my Woolwich account is registered on my credit file, it will show when I am in my overdraft, the balance owed and the limit for the overdraft. This is most likely the reason why this account is on your file.

Again, with regards to Lloydsicon TSB, I would write a letter asking for the default to be removed due to the default being as a result of the charges which you have been given back.

The inaccurate accounts, my best advise would be to send for a SARicon so you can take a look at the information these companies hold and match this up to the records you have. You can then take up a dispute with the individual companies involved.

I am little confused about the last question. Do you mean that the credit file from Experian is not showing any data?

Thanks

Completed:
    Woolwich: Received 30

Intelligent Finance: Received 1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.
    Barclaycard: Received 90
    HFC: Received 170
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder gemspan Informative gemspan Informative

Cagger since
    Nov 2006

Hi Poochball

Thanks for getting back to me. The forum seems a bit quiet as its the weekend!!!!

I have sent off SARs to all the banks that owed me money. One account with BOSicon is showing as default but it was ALL charges - and more. I ended up getting 3373 from this account. Also, my mortgage is showing up in arrears but this was due to the fact that BOSicon took all my money in charges and I couldnt pay it. They are also showing a credit card with a wrong balance and a loan with a wrong balance. In fact, all my business with BOS is showing wrong!!!! I am going to write them a very stiff letter today to get it sorted out.

Re TSB they assured me there was no default registered so I will get back to them to get that removed immediately. Same with RBSicon. The account is actually closed and then they owed me money so they will be getting a stiff letter.

There is absolutely no data showing in experian for me at my address nor my previous address. Do you have checkmyfile.com? If so, does it show up data for you.

Thanks again
    Annie

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder poochball Novitiate poochball's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Manchester

Hi,

No problem.

I use Credit expert which is Experian.

It may be worth asking checkmyfile.com if they know any reason why. I am not sure why the others would have data but not experian unless there is some kind of problem.

Are all your details such as name, address and date of birth correct on the Experian report (assuming it has these details)?

Thanks

Completed:
    Woolwich: Received 30

Intelligent Finance: Received 1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.
    Barclaycard: Received 90
    HFC: Received 170
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder chelskiboy Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

I have also suffered an incorrect credit default, which was bought to my attention by experian, and now removed by the credit card provider. Do i have a case to sue them to compensate me for not being able to roll my mortgageicon over to a new deal, unable to get 0% credit balance transfers and also stress?

Basic Account Holder Givuzagame Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2007

I have membership with both Experian and equifax and they use different scores - really helpful! (NOT)

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE