Can I get a mortgage with a bad credit rating?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few years ago I landed in some financial difficulty which resulted in my credit rating going from Good to Very Poor. I have been on my own Debt Management Plan for 2 and a half years now, without missing payments.

My problem is that I am hoping to buy a house now with my boyfriend, however I think my credit rating will stop us from doing this! We can certainly afford the mortgage and oustanding debts with our joint income, but I'm worried they will look at my credit rating only rather than the full story.

Does anyone know of a good reputable mortgage lender who will look at the facts rather than make a judgment based on credit score only?

Many Thanks

Joanne

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago I landed in some financial difficulty which resulted in my credit rating going from Good to Very Poor. I have been on my own Debt Management Plan for 2 and a half years now, without missing payments.

My problem is that I am hoping to buy a house now with my boyfriend, however I think my credit rating will stop us from doing this! We can certainly afford the mortgage and oustanding debts with our joint income, but I'm worried they will look at my credit rating only rather than the full story.

Does anyone know of a good reputable mortgage lender who will look at the facts rather than make a judgment based on credit score only?

Many Thanks

Joanne

the answer is yes, although generally not with the main high street lenders. You will generally end up paying a slightly higher interest rate as i have had to do.

I have over £70k in defaults and have just had two mortgage offers at near prime levels from brokers advertising in Exchange and Tart. I am not in a debt management plan and am not paying anyone anything.

Hi Paying .....

Can I ask what type of tie in period is on the mortgage offers i.e. if you repay within the first year what level fo penalty do you have to pay ?

Cheers

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Can anyone send me the details or maybe post them. My gf and i have just been offered a lot less than we can afford due to our "low" credit score.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi there, hope you are well. I have just signed up today and was looking at your post about getting mortgage whislt on a Debt Management Plan which is the case for me. My Boyf is hassling me to get on the mortgage with him but I keep avoiding because I am unsure what to do, boyf does nt know situation.

I would be most grateful if you could help e. Many thanks for your time :confused:

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.