Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Sidney72uk Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

Default Notice of Seizure by High Court Enforcement Officer

Hi people

Hope someone can give me so advice, though my letter box i recieved the above notice for someone who no longer lives at this address. The debt is for over £20,000 owed to a bank and the notice says they have seized the good. What can i do to stop them? The house is owned by my sister and 3 of us live with her, the enforcement officer is refusing to believe that the individual doesnt live at the premises?

hope someone can give me some advice, i have been to the court today and they have said to seek legal advice which i will do on Monday to stop the high court enforcement officer coming to my property.

Thanks in advance for you advice and help

Regards
    S

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder toddle2u Informative toddle2u Informative toddle2u Informative toddle2u Informative toddle2u Informative toddle2u's Avatar

Cagger since
    Sep 2006

Default Re: Notice of Seizure by High Court Enforcement Officer

I would just show the enforcement officer copies of your passports or other such identification to prove that you are not the person(s) they are chasing. I would get your sister to provide a mortgageicon statement or copy of mortgageicon agreement showing that the house is in her name.

Basic Account Holder Sidney72uk Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

Thanks for your comments i will be sending by recorded delivery a copy of land registry confirming ownership and copy of id's of all that live at the property hoping that he will accept these and we will have no further contact.

Basic Account Holder marcus1212 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2006

hi..
    some urgent advice required.
    we had ajudgement against me for £3300 (sole trader ).. i admit to this and rang the legal comany and arrnaged a repayment planicon of £295 per month. they thensaid they would have to send out an attachement of earnings which we never recieved .then on the 1st of may we
    recieved a letter at my business premises from a high court officer shoved through our letter informing me my goods haver been seized ..we were closed he didnot enter our shop.. he then left a 3 page document with usual court office writ info etc.

then we called them..no answer so we an answer phone message .thery ignored it and turned up again 5 days later andcharging me £150 per visit plus milege etc is this the game they play by not returnrnig calls andthenturning up after contacting them.. so we arranged a payment plan but i refused to sign any paper work until ive a solcitor on monday afternoon.
    i agian paid some funds in today and called up the officer who again doesnt answer the phone. we left a message again. no doubt he turn up again andchargeeven more fees..
    thefeesin total are over £1035 ..ive calledtheir main office who simply wrote down addtional costs£650 the rest of break down i can agree to from ive seen. but extra charges are so un justifed andthis after one visit when we were closed.

what can i do to stop them. im distraught and very worried to say the least i did make the 1st payment today of £300

can someone tell me if i can tae thisback into court..i feel bullied...

Basic Account Holder marcus1212 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2006

hi..
    some urgent advice required.
    we had ajudgement against me for £3300 (sole trader ).. i admit to this and rang the legal comany and arrnaged a repayment planicon of £295 per month. they thensaid they would have to send out an attachement of earnings which we never recieved .then on the 1st of may we
    recieved a letter at my business premises from a high court officer shoved through our letter informing me my goods haver been seized ..we were closed he didnot enter our shop.. he then left a 3 page document with usual court office writ info etc.

then we called them..no answer so we an answer phone message .thery ignored it and turned up again 5 days later andcharging me £150 per visit plus milege etc is this the game they play by not returnrnig calls andthenturning up after contacting them.. so we arranged a payment plan but i refused to sign any paper work until ive a solcitor on monday afternoon.
    i agian paid some funds in today and called up the officer who again doesnt answer the phone. we left a message again. no doubt he turn up again andchargeeven more fees..
    thefeesin total are over £1035 ..ive calledtheir main office who simply wrote down addtional costs£650 the rest of break down i can agree to from ive seen. but extra charges are so un justifed andthis after one visit when we were closed.

what can i do to stop them. im distraught and very worried to say the least i did make the 1st payment today of £300

can someone tell me if i can tae this back into court..i feel bullied...

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    tomtubby Authoritative tomtubby Authoritative tomtubby Authoritative tomtubby Authoritative tomtubby Authoritative tomtubby Authoritative tomtubby Authoritative tomtubby Authoritative tomtubby Authoritative tomtubby Authoritative tomtubby Authoritative tomtubby's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007

Marcus.

Can you start a new threadicon with your question as it will get confused with the previous one.

I can advise further once you have done this.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE