Royal and Sun Alliance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just discovered that the policy I have on home insurance (old house), relates to a different address.

Also, their correspondance address, for this policy is the address that we lived at before buying above one.So obviously could not read any changes, as correspondance being sentt to old address or wrong address :confused: :confused:

Do I have a case against these gangsters!!!!

Right, Sorry Didnt make myself very clear

Was living at 29.....Park.Bought new house no 64........Villas.

I found out today that the policy number relates to 3....Villas, and that the correspondance was being sent to 29......Park, even after the date that we moved to 64........villas.

Therefore if I ever went to claim, the address that was insured was 3...villas.

I dont know if that is any clearer, but I am really annoyed about this as I know damn well that if I had ever had reason to cliam, then I would not have been covered.

OK I can understand why this must be a little frustrating but it could so easily be resolved with a short phone call to explain the issue.

As for not honouring a claim - I cant believe any reputable insurer would turn down a claim when it is so obviously a minor clerical issue.

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07

Apparently, my husband phoned them about another policy a few years ago and told them that they had wrong address, He was told that this would be changed blah bla blah.

He also confirmed this in writing (and knowing him there is a copy at home).

I am just so annoyed that this has gone on so long.

Technically speaking my house was not insured, a requirement of my mortgage,.

This insurance was arranged by bank, so am also wondering whether it was their incompetence.................

I think that 6 years is a long time not to have had this matter rectified.

"Reputable companies"????

Wouldn't we all have thought that banks were reputable, until we started discovering they were stealing our money, and how reputable have their actions been when we try to claim bank charges bacK?

Well that told me. ;)

Seriously though, did the bank just act as an introducer and then you deal directly with RSA yourself or is this bank your intermediary?

6 years is an unacceptably long time to sort out such an easy/elementary mistake.

EDIT - Forgot to say - if this has been going on for 6 years you have been exceptionally loyal, why do you stay with them?

Bank acting as intermediary.I know, I just let everything slip with kids, sick parents etc.

Husband dealt with it at time, and most likely (used to getting things done -generally by me lol) forgot all about it.

Am in process of changing evey financial/insurance product we have (time to be a bit more astute).

Just wondered if my complaint is just, and was I making a mountain out of a dungheap!!!!

Sorry if tone of last post was a bit aggressive.:oops:

Thats ok, we all get a little hacked off by such things. I get increasingly fed up of having to speak to inept persons at certain insurance companies on a daily basis.

OK the reason I asked is that the bank are 'supposed' to sort this out for you, after all that is why they are collecting commission from the insurer.

Phone/write to them to say that you are officially complaining that, in spite of several reminders, you are still not in possession of the correct documents. They have 5 days to respond to this.

I think you will find that this should sort out your problem.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just got to this thread as going over moans about RSA. I, along with lots of others, are having no end of problems with RSA, I have just refered my complaint to the Financial ombudsman due to RSA and their, 'approved garage ' making a complete mess of the repair of my car after a crash.

Don't wish to be impolite, 'Just Chris', but do you realise what a money stealing, try and get away with not paying at all costs, company you actually wok for?

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 9 months later...

Will sun alliance cover the damage caused by a defective/blocked gutter rainwater gutters and downpipes. The wallls have been wet and soaking and damp has surfaced in areas affetced by leaks. Any help? how can i go about making a cailm without hitting tinto any of the hitches identified above?