• Tweets

• Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

AXIS telecom

kgrant
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone here had dealings with them? About a year ago i got a phone call from axis saying my phone bill was in the region of £1200 i nearly died it turned out that my youngest son had been playing with the sky remote and connecting to the games and other stuff he didn't know what he was doing and neither did i, the thing that annoyed me most was the fact they waited till my bill got to that amount to notify me my normal monthly bills were usually around £35 .So you would have thought that when it startd to go into the £100's they would have realised something was unusual, anyway i told her i didn't have that sort of money and my phone was put on incoming calls then eventually cut off , i made a couple of payments then it was passed to a debt collector who i arranged to pay Xamount each month, which i didn't end up doing as i couldn't afford the amount they were offering to accept anyway i had the odd letter from axis saying i owed £12 something but the larger amount was passed on to this debt collector. the contract was a 12 month contract that ended in july last year , i used to pay my bills by debit card and if i was a bit late they used to take the payment from my card without me knowing. then in august last year the day we were going on holiday i checked my account to find there was £1200 missing i rang the bank to see where this money had gone and it turned out axis had taken it with no warning or letter at this point i had not heard anything from them for 3 months.They said they were well within there rights to take the money from my card and that by using my card to pay for earlier bills was giving them permission to use my card for any future bills .At the time they took the money i was no longer a customer and also they had passed the debt on to someone else should they have been able to take it and should i have done something about it?

[EDIT] Go to your bank branch and demand the money is returned immediately - there is no 'guarantee' provided, however you need to provide informed consent and been given notice of the payment being taken, so in the absence of this, they have to reverse the debit (especially as it was a Cardholder Not Present transaction).

Edited by alanfromderby

[EDIT} Go to your bank branch and demand the money is returned immediately - there is no 'guarantee' provided, however you need to provide informed consent and been given notice of the payment being taken, so in the absence of this, they have to reverse the debit (especially as it was a Cardholder Not Present transaction).

i never signed anything to allow them to continue using my card , it did mention something on the contract about using debit cards but i was no longer under contract by the time they took the money.I was gobsmacked because i had no warning i spoke to the company a couple of times they were very rude and said they were well within their rights to take what was owing to them. the thing is this was last august would it still be worth trying to persue it, i dont know of any other company that does this i pay a lot of my bills with my debit card but non of them take payment without my permission

Edited by alanfromderby

You don;t have to sign anything, but they can take a verbel authority for a continuous mandate, but they take a risk if it is challenged. Thje fact it happend last year may be an issue as 45 days has been quoted to be before as being a reasonable time period to discover and pursue return. You could always say you hadn't noticed it though.

The way other firms work with debit cards may not be as cavalier as the one you are complaining about, but as you;ve discovered, giving your card details does mean you remain at tisk until the expiry date is reached or you get issued with a replacement. I won't give out card details over the phone for this reason. These days this is making it harder and harder to buy things, but I least I don't have to stand over my bank statements with a shotgun!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

hiya.. i am an ex axis telecom employee who was made redundant because of the company on the verge of bankruptcy.... when i was working there i was oblivious to the mis selling occuring, we were told to miss out alot of legal stuff and to say that there were no hidden charges on the accounts, but infact there were loads of hidden charges, the customer services are useless there..

if it was myself who had signed anybody up to a package there i truly appologise for making hell for you..

but anybody else who gets a call from anybody there asking to switch to them.... DONT DO IT>

ex axis staff

• 1 month later...

i got well and truley stitched up by axis they i swapped to them because it seem a good deal three weeks later we still had know internet and the phone calls we infact dearer than we had been told the bloke my partner spoke to insisted there was a fault on the line our end which there was'nt then he told her we would get a refund ,we didnt he then said they'ed broken their part of the contract and we would not be charged for any thing next thing a bill for £111.00 turned upwhen i rung and asked what the bill was for they said breaking the contract!which we had'nt at the time so i just told them what i thought of them and seeing i had broke the contract moved back to our old provider still hav'nt paid them a penny and dont intend to:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• 1 month later...

As a footnote to my last post they are still ringing me asking for payment last time i told them i did'nt know how much i wanted to pay them could they ring back in a few days when i'd decided on a payment plan lol the girl on the other end told me i could'nt do that so i said why not they do the phone went quiet then dead she put the phone down on me ! How rude :)

Hi,

im sorry to hear about your misfortune with Axis, but i have been with them for 4 years now and they have slashed by bills in half from what i was paying with BT, and the customer service has been up to standard aswell.

no complaints from me.

I always find it strange when a person will go to the lengths of creating an account to make 1 post that basically endorses a product... Am I just a cynic, or does anyone else think it strange that someone would search forums looking through problems when everything they have is working well?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

hiya.. i am an ex axis telecom employee who was made redundant because of the company on the verge of bankruptcy.... when i was working there i was oblivious to the mis selling occuring, we were told to miss out alot of legal stuff and to say that there were no hidden charges on the accounts, but infact there were loads of hidden charges, the customer services are useless there..

if it was myself who had signed anybody up to a package there i truly appologise for making hell for you..

but anybody else who gets a call from anybody there asking to switch to them.... DONT DO IT>

ex axis staff

I always find it strange when a person will go to the lengths of creating an account to make 1 post that basically endorses a product... Am I just a cynic, or does anyone else think it strange that someone would search forums looking through problems when everything they have is working well?

And then a competitor, oops I mean another poster does the same to post the exact opposite view :rolleyes:

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

As a footnote to my last post they are still ringing me asking for payment last time i told them i did'nt know how much i wanted to pay them could they ring back in a few days when i'd decided on a payment plan lol the girl on the other end told me i could'nt do that so i said why not they do the phone went quiet then dead she put the phone down on me ! How rude :)

I agree with the previous posts about people posting with ulterior motives. Just get a life and let the people who need help with their problems get it!

In response to the above user, they can't refuse your offer of a payment plan. The new laws governing taking legal action state that all steps have to be taken first to find a compromise to the scenario, this includes some form of official mediation. They won't be able to request a CCJ or anything against you. If they send you any such "legal letters" then make sure you respond with your offers as it'll just make the judge rule in your favour.

http://www.axistelecom.co.uk/pdfs/codesofpractice.pdf

Complaints

We make every effort to ensure that our customers are happy with the level of service, and the products and service they receive from us. However, despite our best efforts, things can go wrong. We take customer complaints very seriously and aim to resolve them quickly and efficiently. If you have a complaint about any part of our service, please contact our Customer Service Team on 08448751942. Our advisors will ask you about your complaint and seek to resolve the problem while you are on the line. During any discussions we will protect the privacy of the information that we hold on you. To do this we may have to ask you questions to confirm that we are speaking to the right person.

You may also send your complaint to us in writing: 4th Floor, 50 Lowgate, Hull, HU1 1EN

We will try to resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently, and to keep you informed at all times. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can take it further within our company, and ultimately to the Managing Director at the above address. If we cannot resolve the problem, we will write to you to say so.

If your complaint has not been resolved within 8 weeks, or you have received a letter from us saying that your complaint has reached “deadlock”, then you may ask for help from The Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman (Otelo): PO Box 730, Warrington, Cheshire, WA4 6WU Tel: 01925 430870 or 0845 050 1614 email:[email protected] Website: Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman - Home

OTELO is an independent organisation which is approved by Ofcom to provide an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) service. Ofcom-approved ADR services sort out disputes between communications providers and their consumer and small business customers. Their job is to investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story. They look at the facts given to them before recommending any action that may be needed to put things right.

That is taken from their code of practice. If you write a nice assertive letter to them as detailed above, put your full complaint, what you would like for them to resolve this, and if they cannot provide that send you an explanation why not along with a DEADLOCK letter.

• Haha 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

That is taken from their code of practice. If you write a nice assertive letter to them as detailed above, put your full complaint, what you would like for them to resolve this, and if they cannot provide that send you an explanation why not along with a DEADLOCK letter.

Damn Locutus, you beat me to it :D

Another thing is that every case that is taken up by the ADR (Otelo or CISAS, depends which provider is registered with which ADR) costs them money. Normally around £300-£400. You can easily use this in your favour.

E.g., If your dispute is only for £200, even if the ADR rules in their favour they'll still be out of pocket. Most companies will settle for a greatly reduced amount (easily 50% if not less) or will just wipe it clean. Make it clear that you will keep complaining for the 8 weeks (used to be 12 weeks), and will lodge the complaint with their ADR. Mention in all your letters and calls. Hopefully they'll take the hint and drop the matter.

• 4 months later...

IMPORTANT INFORMATION !!!!!!

My partner recently contacted AXIS about getting information about their deals, but after talking with other suppliers, including Talk Talk (which AXIS gave us false information about!), we decided not to go with them and to stay with our current supplier. After a phone call today from an engineer who was to install a BT phone line which we had had no notification of, we contacted AXIS, and the other companies which we needed to resolve this. After numerous calls this is what happened.....

1) AXIS had billed us (for an instalation fee) even though we had entered into no contract with them and refused to remove us from their computer system (including my partners bank account details). Even though we told them we did not wish to enter into a contract with them. They claimed we had entered into a verbal contract and we were told that it would take up to 72hrs to find our original call record to confirm that we did not want to commit to anything untill late Jan.

2) We then contacted our current supplier to find out if they had been contacted about the change over of service, and we were informed no company had been in touch with them to change the line over. We then confirmed that we would be staying with them and for future reference were not to transfer our service without our permision.

3) Contacted OFCOM but they were of no real help themselves. Instead they gave us phone numbers of other agencies to contact.

4) We then contacted my partners bank to ensure no money would to go to AXIS and at this point we discovered that they attempted to lift money from her account at the end of Dec'09 (while on the call to a manager at AXIS we had not been notified of this). My partner had not wished to give AXIS her account number as we were still contacting other suppliers to find the best deal. All she gave them was her main card number, as they wanted to ensure she had an account with the bank she had claimed to be with. They somehow managed to get the rest of her details (experation date, and 3 digit code from the signature strip) and accessed her account and even went as far as to set up a direct debit.

5) The engineer then called back and told us that he wasn't sure but he thought that the line had been already connected and asked if we could check it. We did this and found no dial tone and informed him we would be contacting BT about AXIS, after this he gave us his job number and the phone number we were apparently being issued with. Also he told us that he was installing the line for a company called OPAL Telecom.

6) We then contacted BT... after speaking with the nicest young lady we were asked to speak with her manager, as she could find no record of AXIS, but said the name OPAL did sound familier. After talking with this lovely manager we discovered BT have nothing to do with AXIS (because of reasons we can't go into due to the fact we are still persuing this) but they do indeed rent lines to OPAL. She also advised us to contact BT Open Reach (this is the company which deals with the engineers for all BT lines) to find out if the the engineer who contacted us was infact one of their's, because... A) the work order no. he gave us did not exist on BT's computer system and B) the phone number we were given doesn't exist with then either!

Now we have been advised by the bank, our current service provider, etc. to contact the following,

Data Protection I.O.C. for them refusing to remove our information including the bank details (which is identity theft),

Obtain a crime reference number from the police as this could be classified as bank fraud. Also to contact 2 different fraud departments at her bank and report the incident. We will also be contacting our lawyer to look into suing them for mental anguish and the cost of four and a half hours of premium line phone calls.

So to round up -

AXIS TELECOM ARE A COMPANY YOU SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH. IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING CUSTOMER CONTACT BT A.S.A.P. AS THEY MAY BE INVESTIGATING THEM AND ALSO OPAL TELECOM.

• 4 weeks later...

i had this company ring me on friday offering me a good deal..sounded really good so i said i was interested. Then over the weekend i was a bit unsure as i had not heard about this company before so came on here and seen all the reviews (majority of them bad) i then decided i didnt want to go through what many of you people have done with them so after ringing who im with now to say im not leaving you if this company calls you to end my contract please dont..and they even gave me a better deal cos i was thinking of leaving. Anyway i have just had a call from axis telecom to arrange installation ect i told them im not going with them anymore the woman was not taking no from me and it resulted in me having to raise my voice for her to hear the word NO. She then said i was rude and no need to raise my voice. But even now they still calling me to change my mind...very very annoying. But thanks to reading all this i can honestly say i have had a lucky escape.

Like several correspondents I was concerned at the adverse comments published about Axixtelecom. However I decided to subscribe because the terms appeared to be advantageous. There were some delays in the changeover from my previous phone and Broadband supplier and some technical problems with the Broadband connection. All this however has been resolved. I found the Customer service staff exceptionally helpful and patient; they adjusted my bill to take account of the delays and inconvenience, and I now have a service which seems likely to be at least as efficient as what I had previously, and substantially cheaper.

When the delays were taking place I did intimate that I was considering cancelling the contract. This was agreed, without difficulty, but I am glad now that I had the patience to allow the technical and administrative issues to be resolved as it seems likely that I will be the gainer from doing so.

• 5 months later...
Hi,

im sorry to hear about your misfortune with Axis, but i have been with them for 4 years now and they have slashed by bills in half from what i was paying with BT, and the customer service has been up to standard aswell.

no complaints from me.

i have seen this exact same comment word for word on another site which says that the comment was posted by some with an ip address in hull where axis is based

• 8 months later...

I was with Axis Telecom for about 3 or 4 years. My phone and broadband was about £20 a month with free 01 phone calls and unlimited broadband. No problems at all!

Unfortunately their prices gradually shot to £40+ and a 5gig limit a month before added costs.

I knew my verbal contract was due to cease in December 2010 so I decided to change over to a much cheaper and better deal with a another company.

I had the phone call from Axis asking if I would like to renew my 12month contract. I politely informed the lady that I did not, and why, and that I had already asked (company) to take over my line when contract run out. She acted a little gobsmacked and could only say "Ohh! Ok! Bye!" as if it was a personal thing. No offers to stay etc etc

(company) told me that they would do all the work changing over, so I sat back and waited. A couple of weeks went by with no indication that anything was happening. I phoned (company) a few times, they were having problems.

Meanwhile Axis phoned. I asked why they were STILL using my line. She replied that they give a couple of weeks free service while you change your line. That was very nice of them.

Axis phoned a short time later. The lady ('Susan' I think) informed me that my contract had ROLLED OVER. I informed her that it DID NOT ROLL OVER! She claimed that it did because I didn't supply another company to take over the line. Which I informed her that I did, and spent an uncomfortable length of time having the "It's rolled over! No it has not rolled over!", pantomime with the now very arrogant lady.

I immediately rung (company). I was told that Axis had stopped them from taking my line over. I reordered with them and informed my bank to block Axis from my direct debit account (I realised how devious they were). Axis put my phone on incoming calls only minutes later.I disconnected my phone so that 'Susan' could not harras me further.

Soon I had a letter from a debt collecting agency for £200.00+. I rung them to inform them that no contract was in effect and that they were not to harras me any further. They sent an e-mail to confirm that a 1 month period would be given to sort out the dispute.

2 days later they sent another e-mail saying how when Axis phoned me to confirm the renewal of contract, I apparently agreed too it, and also that I had agreed to the contract with another team from Axis! (utter rubbish!). I was offered the reduced fine of £190.00 to clear my debt. WOW!

I informed them that I had contacted the Ombudsman for help with their illegal claims for money.

I asked them to not contact me unless they have proof of those calls (there is none!)!

Next day they contacted me to inform me that a copy of the calls were requested from Axis and would be sent to me also.

At the moment I am waiting for that proof.lol I am still waiting to hear from the Ombudsman too. I hope they can help, as I will NOT pay Axis or the debt collectors one penny for [causing problems] me!

What gets me is that none of this needed to happen. Also I had no obligation to provide another supplier anyway! It had nothing to do with them! Dear God!!

Oldtaff, follow the advice I gave in post 13 here about following their complaints procedure. It costs the telecoms company for the independent arbitrator to look at the complaint so even if it's only to put the boot on the other foot and make them owe something out, it's worth following the complaints procedure!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

@Locotus - Thanks. I will do that. [EDIT], but I will do that by letter it helps.

Another thing I'd like to know is that - When the debt collectors fail to provide me a copy of that 'non existent' agreement phonecall, could I use that in my favour?

Should I also ask Axis (in my complaint letter) to resolve the issue by supplying me with proof of contract also? (In a nice way!).

Thanks.

Edited by alanfromderby