cancelled policy with budget now with debt agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband took out insurance on his car 5th July 07. The car was scrapped just after new year due to head gasket!

The total policy was taken out by paying £29.21 deposit and subsequent DD of 10 x £13.19 to Amber Credit

January DD was taken from the bank on the 5/2/07. I wrote to Budget on the 11th informing them the vehicle had been scrapped. I also enclosed the Insurance documents and asked for proof of no claims.

Received a rely dated 12th informing that the policy was cancelled and asking me for £49.91 for the period of cover already received!

I replied dated 18/1/07 asking for a detailed statement of payments and the periods these covered as by my bank records I was in advance having just paid a DD on the 5th and cancelling on the 11th and there were only 4 DD left to pay.

Reply received dated 19th again asking for the £49.91.They also informed me that they had passed it to a debt collection agency and that a minimum of £25 charges would be applied!

I wrote back dated 24/1/07 reminding them of my letter dated 18/1/07 that I did not feel that I had made an unfair request, if the request was not met I would send copies of all letters to the Financial Service Ombudsman, I also said in my letter that I had not at any time said I would not pay but I wanted to see proof of the payment of cover I had alledgedly had and not paid for.

I have received a reply dated 27/01/07 which states that my total policy was £164.05 where that figure came from I dont Know (and as I look at all the documents none of them are the same as in Totals). Thay have also informed me that I now owe £74.91.

I have now received a letter 14/02/07 from a debt collection agency for £74.41.

In all my years of driving and paying for Insurance by DD have I had to pay when I have cancelled a policy and I know of no-one who has.

I will write to the FSO and include all documents and I will also forward a copy to their complaints department.

Does anyone have any advice or been in this situation?