• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Clydesdale Bank **SETTLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Patricia,

Mine is just over £1000, and i got a cheque through the post for half the amount, just after I had issued court proceedings. Of course I have not accepted it, and I will hold out for the full amount. I also have just received a full refund from Sainsburys of £100. Not alot, but every penny counts as far as i can see.

Let me know if you have any questions, its probably best to start your own thread as well

Stef

Spanish Holiday Rental - 10% off BAG and CAG Members

www.rent-in-spain.org.uk

Progress so far:

Yorkshire Bank - LBA 26/07/06 £1001.00 - £500.50 offered and rejected

RBS Credit Card - Settled £200.00

Sainsburys - Settled in full £100.00

JD WIlliams - Settled in full £50.00

Argos Card Services - £98 - offered £60 and rejected.

Abbey Mortgages - MCOL 2nd October - Deadline 21st

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Stef

Thanks so much for that - just found the 'Letter Before Action'

Not used to this kind of thing...

It's great to know that this site exists and that people actually offer support and help! Will be sending off the LBA once I've read through a few more postings. Especially the ones where Y/B have refunded! feel a bit wary though, I must admit..asking for so much dosh back!

will keep you informed - Patricia

Hi Patricia and welcome. Can I suggest that you start your own thread so we can all follow your progress, and if there are questions you have that aren't answered in the FAQ's we can try and help you out.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

YEEEEEESSS!!!!! Massive congrats to you - I've been away for a while and THAT has made brilliant reading!

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

Well Done with your WIN SR7133.

Just out of interest ........

Did you respond to the counterclaim ?

Have been following for some time and correct me if wrong.but if the claimant does not respond by means of defence to the counterclaim within 14 days then they can enter judgement on the claimant.

Can you advise .

Thanks

MF5

By the way this is in small claims court in England I think .

Does this apply in Scotland as well?

Halifax Bank plc £1573 settled 19/6/ 06 :D

Abbey National PLC

Settled in full £1,754 15/9/06 :grin:

Halifax Credit Card £441.63 settled in full 27/10/06 :-)

Mortgage Express ERP

Pre letter 10/7/06

LBA 27/7/06

MCOL issued 6/9/06

Court Date Feb 06

Lost in court costs awarded £7,500PAYPAL [email protected]

Maroonfox/

I think that there may be a difference in the two legal systems but in short the answer would be no. Betwen the Preliminary and Full Hearing, Clydesdale Bank offered to settle for a smaller amount but when I rejected this they came back with the full amount + interest etc. Had this not occurred then I was going to Court to present my case - I had no information about responding to their counterclaim but I will find this out if I get to this position again. Now claiming refund of charges from Clydesdale Bank for £1780 which were incurred between 2002 and June 2005 and will take this up in £750 "bites" (keeps it in the Small Claims Court where expenses are capped at £75)

Best of luck with your claim.

Royal Bank of Scotland - Settled - Full Amount

GE Money - Settled - Full Amount

Tesco Personal Finance - Settled - Full Amount + Interest + Court Costs

Clydesdale Bank - Settled - Full Amount + Interest + Court Costs

Clydesdale Bank - Pre June 2005 Charges - Settled - Full Amount

SR7133,

Thanks for your reply.

Really glad I bought the small claims procedure guide book ,by P Pearl.......

just found this on page 54.

'Warning: with effect from 2 May 2000 a defendant can obtain judgement in default of defence to counterclaim in Small claims cases':x

Looks like YB are trying to pull a fast one on me as I would have totally missed this..........I have to defend this within 14 days .

Done it today.

Better start a new thread on this one.

Regards

MF5

Abbey National PLC

Mortgage Express ERP

Pre letter 10/7/06

LBA 27/7/06

MCOL issued 6/9/06

Court Date Feb 06

SR7133,

Thanks for your reply.

Really glad I bought the small claims procedure guide book ,by P Pearl.......

just found this on page 54.

'Warning: with effect from 2 May 2000 a defendant can obtain judgement in default of defence to counterclaim in Small claims cases':x

Looks like YB are trying to pull a fast one on me as I would have totally missed this..........I have to defend this within 14 days .

Done it today.

Better start a new thread on this one.

Regards

MF5

Interesting.So am I correct in thinking that if they counterclaim and we dont respond with a defence,then they win? Or if we do respond with a defence,then we are back to square one.Because they would then have to appear in court and justify thier charges to win thier counterclaim

;) If this helps please click the scales bottom left

Rang the court this morning and asked them what to do.

They said until the case is allocated as it hasn't been done yet I have time to defend counterclaim from then .

So just waiting for that to arrive with a copy of their defence.

I thought I had to respond to the defence and date that was sent to me by YB direct

Will update and start a new thread

Regards

MF5

Abbey National PLC

Mortgage Express ERP

Pre letter 10/7/06

LBA 27/7/06

MCOL issued 6/9/06

Court Date Feb 06

• 1 month later...

It's Good To See That You Have Won Your Case>this Bank Put Me In Deep Debt Because Of Unfair Charges>i Intend To Start Action Against Them Unfortunately I Am Not It Literate So I Expect To Take Longer Going Through Website

Well Done And I Hope I Have The Same Success

This correspondance has been inspirational!

I will be watching your case with great interest.

09/10/06:Halifax claims opened with prelims

claim 1 = 1392.38

claim 2 = 1437.74

claim 3 = 1480.76

claim 4 = 0185.32

Changed tactics.

1 claim of £4600 submitted - will travel to england to go to court if required.

27/10/06: LBA sent

01/11/06: Recieved an offer of £764

05/11/06: Refusal of offer sent

11.11.06: MCOL submitted

13.11.06: MCOL issued

16.11.06: MCOL aknowledged

17.11.06: recieved withdrawal of offer letter - too late, it's already with court!

27.11.06: recieved written confirmation from Northampton County Court. Still no correspondance from Halifax. They have until 15/12/06 to respond.

O1/12/06: Settled in full, including interest.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pitsfordpirate

Apologies for not responding sooner but in relation to my subsequent claims my new thread is here - getting there slowly but surely

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-bank-clydesdale-bank/27700-sr7133-clydesdale-bank-pre.html

hello all

Not sure where to post this - but recieved letter today to say YB have settled out of court for my claim of 682.00 - taken since August 1st - soooo pleased and I wish everyone the best of luck with their claims - hope some more come through before Christmas !!! can't get to demo on 1st Dec. but will be watching the news and will be there in spirit with each and everyone of you xxxxxxx

• 1 month later...

Hi - I'm very pleased you got your money back! I had to put everything on hold for one or two reasons. Anyway, I'm back, but I need some help please!!! I purchased the small claims pack and am just goingto fill in the N1 form on line. But what address to I put on the form for YB? Is it my branch? Or is it the Head Office? What's teh address if it is the latter? Am I doing this right do you think? Bit confused! Incidentally, I got a letter back from my branch in September to say that if they hadn't heard from me in 8 weeks they would consider rhe matter closed! Do I have to go through the whole rigmoroll again or can I proceed with the claim? Any thoughts, help or advice would be very much appreciated!!

Patricia C:confused:

Hi Patricia C

I would suggest that you start your own thread on this matter(it keeps things clearer)

I would put your local branch address that you banked at then your claim can go up to £5K in small claims as it is in England and you can use MCOL.

Don't worry about the 8 week thing thats on their terms not yours.If you have done the prem and LBA letters then I would go straight to MCOL stage .Also make sure that you have sent them a schedule of charges to date.

Regards

MF5

Abbey National PLC

Mortgage Express ERP

Pre letter 10/7/06

LBA 27/7/06

MCOL issued 6/9/06

Court Date Feb 06

• 5 months later...

Hi

I received my bank statements(after about 80 days)

I have totaled up the charges over the past 6 years which amount to £4000 (not including interest.)

As I live in Scotalnd should I avoid the small claims court and go straight to the ombudsman or do i have to make 5 separate claims?

First of all i would like to congratulate SR7133 from beating Clydesdaly! there an absalute mennace!! there really anoying me just now! took me monthsto recieve my statements/charges through the post! eventually when i tottaled them up - £about £1600 sent them a letter asking for the full amount they tried to fob me off with a check for £200? are you joking!!! who do they think they are!? anyway i have my complaint joined with the FOS, They told me to send the check back and they can hopefully get the full amount back to me? i think the FOS Is very helpfull and saves alot of time going through courts etc! xx il let you know what my next offer is from the bank? fingers crossed its more than £200 xx

Thanx for your help again,

Caroline x:p x

• 4 years later...

£599 Product Fee

£40 BACS charges

over 5.5x the Boe base rate

What does it get you a first time buyers mortgage where the bank are 5 days late completing the draw down payment to the solicitor and risk loosing your first home! To top it off not even a sorry or genuine regret! The managers arent mortgage trained so cant help you so you get papped through to a call centre where the manageress refuses to speak to you or acknowledge the size of the problem!

I have started a facebook and twitter account to share stories

ClydesFailBank look it up and join in!

• 3 months later...

eros3086 xanga com/765817744/another-glance-at-catalog/ ]source of info johnofgaunt5417 xanga com/ ]found it mechanic1750 bcz com/2012/07/17/knockdown-an-in-depth-evaluation/ ]as an example When Kriemhild heard what he had done to Hagen of Trony in the strife,will send my minstrels as envoys to thy friends in Burgundy "Etzel letteth none intercede "better or more mildly For this she was famed among the Huns till thebefore downloading, copying, displaying, performing, distributing or ipopodes9799 livejournal com/529 html ]from here Secrets About Friday The 13ThMore About Breaking BadLearn More About Paulina GretzkyDez Bryant And YouMore Information On Celeste Holm

• 6 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks