• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

British Gas Loan charges

weaver440
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone help me. I have been charged late payments for a loan I have with british gas and although they have not actually taken this money from me they have added it on to the outstanding balance owing. I want them to remove these charges from the balance so my question is do I go about doing this in exactly the same way as reclaiming bank charges by sending the prelim letter ( I already have all my loan repayment statements) or is the procedure different? Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Battleaxe

I would go the same way as applying for the bankcharges to be removed. I have done this successfully with two companies. They hate it and you will get a fight, but after it is loan, so the same principle applies

Hi

Battleaxe where you been hiding thought you Pam and Ladybird had gone on retreat to stonehenge.

Just a thought if they have put the charges on your account you will be able to charge double the interest.

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Guest Battleaxe

Hi Peter, I have gone quiet, had a post CABbotted. Never mind. so watching what I post in the public interest Too cold and too wet to head down to Stonehenge so have to do my stuff in a wet back garden, want to come over and celebrate Ostara with us?

Now instead of hiujacking the thread, let's get down to business. They removed the charges after I threatened the TS being brought in to the argument and also I did the SAR on them and then when they breached got the ICO involved and that was when they decided to play ball and remove the charges. As the interest had already been applied in the beiginning they could not addd extra interest, they called the charges and administration fee, guess what they are still unlawful and I used the punch on the nose analogy as my terms and conditions, and punching them on the nose still did not make my action lawful. British Gas are iin doo and it would hurt the O/P to contact Money Matters in the Daily Mail and get Margaret on to them, just for added aggravation.

Hi Peter, I have gone quiet, had a post CABbotted. Never mind. so watching what I post in the public interest Too cold and too wet to head down to Stonehenge so have to do my stuff in a wet back garden, want to come over and celebrate Ostara with us?

Now instead of hiujacking the thread, let's get down to business. They removed the charges after I threatened the TS being brought in to the argument and also I did the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on them and then when they breached got the Information Commissioners Office involved and that was when they decided to play ball and remove the charges. As the interest had already been applied in the beiginning they could not addd extra interest, they called the charges and administration fee, guess what they are still unlawful and I used the punch on the nose analogy as my terms and conditions, and punching them on the nose still did not make my action lawful. British Gas are iin doo and it would hurt the O/P to contact Money Matters in the Daily Mail and get Margaret on to them, just for added aggravation.

Hopefully Mr Weaver will now issue a SAR, tot up the charges add interest and threaten them with jumping on the unlawful penalty charges bandwagon.

Who the hell do they think they are? A BANK??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Battleaxe,

Thanks for your reply, was beginning to think everyone had gone home!!! I have had 2 successful claims against the banks but was really unsure about the loan companies. B/Gas have been harrasing me night and day with calls, my payments are upto date but they say I am in arrears because I refuse to pay for the charges on 2 late payments ( I no longer have a d/d arrangement with them since suing my bank and having to open another so I just call them each month and make payment over the phone which means of course I get to tell them exactly how much it is I am going to pay and its always the agreed monthly payment) of course even as we speak the arrears they say I am in is gaining interest! Apparently one lady I spoke to said everytime they make a call they charge me another £10!!!!!!!! If thats true I dread to think how much they now say I owe. Anyway I spoke to one really 'up herself' lady and told her what I intended to do and she was quite insistant that it was a load of rubbish, that she was well aware of all the people getting monies from banks etc but that no way anyone had got money back from loan companies. Listening to you though I guess she's talking out her backside????????? So just to reiterate, I send my 1st letter asking for the charges to be removed from the account ( can't ask for money back as they haven't actually taken it from me) and then the second letter as per the banks? Sorry if I am being dim but am out of my comfort zone with it not being a bank.:shock:

Guest Battleaxe

Weaver,

Treat them exactly the same as the banks, SAR them and ask for complete statement of charges and interest.

Do spreadsheet and list when the charges got loaded on and use this as the basis of the claim. If it gaining interest you can claim it. I realise it is paper exercise at the moment, but you have to show them you are serious about getting the charges and interest attracted by the charges removed from your account. They will also be updating you credit file and showing that the payments are late, or if not, these things will be added on to the end of your loan.

Go for it, SAR, pre-lim, LBA then N1.

She is talking out of her bum. I have done this and won.

Hey, Weaver!!

I've been away for ages and just started catching up with the A&L forum a few days ago. Thought I'd check in on your Natwest claim and low and behold you won ages ago! Sorry I missed your victory.

Needless to say though I'm chuffed to bits for you. You must have had one of your best Christmases ever.

I know this has nothing whatsoever to do with your current crusade, but I assumed you probably didn't check up on the NW forum now (what reason do you have to do that?), and I really wanted to add my congrats - even tho they are totally belated! ;) !:rolleyes: !:cool:

Ha Ha. Now that has brought a smile to my face :D How's it going?Its Good to hear from you youngnfree, where on earth have you been? As you quite rightly say I had a brill christmas and hopefully the new year will be just as fruitious! I want to get British Gas sorted, Capital one sorted then thats it, I am going to hang up my gloves! Anyway a bit late I know but I wish you and all your family a happy and prosperous new year. Take care.

Lynne

Big hugs weaver! It's nice to catch up with old 'friends'.

To be honest with you it got a bit lonely on A&L cos everyone was winning their claims and disappearing, and it just wasn't the same with the newbies. So I just stopped logging in.

I'm back now though. Sharing my experience (ahem), with the newer victims and it's like I've never been away.

I was really happy to find you this morning. Sorry you're still having to chase nasty people of course, but glad to find an old buddy. :)

Thanks for your festive wishes. Same goes doubly from me to you and yours. :cool:

Thanks for your reply Battleaxe, much appreciated. Could you please help me with one more thing before I go ahead and send my pre lim letter. Reading around I have noticed a few threads where people are asking the loan Co. for copies of original signed agreements. If I remember rightly I did sign an agreement/contract for the original loan, however, part way through I increased the loan. Do you think this is to be considered a new loan or an ammendment to the old one? If the former then I did not sign anything! I think either way I may just ask them to send me a copy of the signed agreement so my next question is can you point me in the right direction for the letter I will need to send them asking for the signed contract and the timescale in which they have to comply. I have looked honestly but cannot find it? ;)

Weaver,

Treat them exactly the same as the banks, SAR them and ask for complete statement of charges and interest.

Do spreadsheet and list when the charges got loaded on and use this as the basis of the claim. If it gaining interest you can claim it. I realise it is paper exercise at the moment, but you have to show them you are serious about getting the charges and interest attracted by the charges removed from your account. They will also be updating you credit file and showing that the payments are late, or if not, these things will be added on to the end of your loan.

Go for it, SAR, pre-lim, LBA then N1.

She is talking out of her bum. I have done this and won.

Guest Battleaxe

Oh golly,

Somewhere in the Library is a letter requesting a copy of your agreement under Section 77-78 of the Consumer Credit Act. It costs £1.00. they have a certain time to supply it.

They should have supplied it with your SAR but if you didn't specifically ask for it, they wont volunteer it.

If I was you, I would do another SAR, yep £10.00 in cost but make sure you ask for a copy of your EXECUTED AGREEMENT. This way it gives them no room to maneouvre their way out of providingng you with the correct copy. otherwise they will just pass a copy off, which is not an executed agreement.

Hope this is clear.

Oh golly,

Somewhere in the Library is a letter requesting a copy of your agreement under Section 77-78 of the Consumer Credit Act. It costs £1.00. they have a certain time to supply it.

They should have supplied it with your SAR but if you didn't specifically ask for it, they wont volunteer it.

If I was you, I would do another SAR, yep £10.00 in cost but make sure you ask for a copy of your EXECUTED AGREEMENT. This way it gives them no room to maneouvre their way out of providingng you with the correct copy. otherwise they will just pass a copy off, which is not an executed agreement.

Hope this is clear.

Hi

Try this - I did get it from the library!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/49131-american-express-withdrew-my.html

post #5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

Right, just to update and seek advise. Sent request for repayment of charges of to British Gas Loans/ BOS on 7th March which was signed for on the 8th March, included in this was a request for the signed executed agreement and a cheque for £1.00 (did not need statements as already had them). Had nothing from them except for constant calls from thier collections dept most of which I ignored primarily because they were to my mobile whilst I was at work! Anyway, when I did eventually speak to someone they said they had no record of recieving this letter (funny how it was signed for and that the cheque had been cashed) Bless them!!!! Anyway sent my LBA of on the 12 April and to date have still had nothing except again constant phone calls. So am I correct in saying that if they have not complied within 12 days after the request was made they have defaulted under sections 77(1) and 78(1) of the consumer credit act and that being the case the debt is now unenforcible which means I can suspend payments? Not only that but now that 1 month has passed since the request was made they have also now commited a criminal offence? Could someone please confirm that I have this right and if I do could someone point me in the right direction for letters to trading standards and FSA, also has anyone written to their MP's or local papers? I am so incredibly angry about this, thier behaviour has been what you would expect when borrowing money from Loan Sharks, the harrasement has been unbelievable! Soonest responses would be much appreciated.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just to update, its been a busy couple of weeks and alot has happened but in a nut shell this is it

1/ 7 March sent lst letter requesting return of loan charges - (no response) except constant phone calls from their collection dept!:(

2/ 12 March sent 2nd letter (LBA) - (no response) except constant phone calls from their collection dept!!!!:(

3/ 27th April sent Harrassment letter telling them that their continued harrassment of me by telephone puts them in breach of section 40 of the administration of justice act 1970 and the protection from harrassment act 1997 - (no response) except, yes wait for it - constant phone calls from theit collections dept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

4/ 30th April sent letter advising them that as a result of their non compliance they have commited a criminal offence under the CCA - (no response) except constant phone calls from their collection dept!!!!!!!!!!!:(

5/ 1st May sent letter to the OFT ( along with a copy of all the comminication from me to British Gas) outlining the case and making a severe complaint - (as of yet no response)

6/ 4 May sent a copy of the letter sent to the OFT to the Office of fair trading.

7/ 14 May sent my last letter to BG basically quoting the CCA 1974 and how by not complying they have commited an offence and as a result I am no loger liable and not only that I will be seeking to have all monies paid returned to me!!!! Also to advise them that they are in breach of the Administration of justice and protection from harrassment acts by their constant calling and if i receive another call from them on receipt of the letter I will call the police! I have also re-iterated the DPA 1998 and confirmed that I require them to destroy all data about me that they hold to be destroyed, that there are no more calls, that all correspondence is in writing and that they send me written confirmation to say that this has been done.

So guys there it is, will keep you updated.

Well, I now need some serious advice if there is anyone who can help. You can see from my previous post how far things had come, well I got a letter dated 11th from AA personal Finance ( underwriters for British gas Loans I think) from there customer care dept. Basically the letter is a response to my Harrasment letter sent to British Gas but because it is a complaint they have just looked at it as an isolated letter and passed it on to the complaints dept. I have responded to the letter advising them that there is a lack of communication at there end as this is not just about harrassment - the account is in dispute I suggest Mr. so n' so go and check the records! Anyway, yesterday I had another letter from Mr. so n' so at AA personal Finance, again apologising that I am still unhappy about the repeated phone calls and that I still remain unhappy about there service!!!:evil: He is going to order me a copy of the original application form and agreement and also statement of account!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I want to clarify is - if they do indeed produce the documents at this late stage is it basically tough *itty for them, can they continue to persue this? They had thier chance to supply it when asked for and their 30 days were up on the 26th April for goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!! Can I still maintain that I am not liable as they did not comply within the lawful specified time period and have therefore committed an offence or will I have to continue paying like nothing has happened?:o They have been such complete and utter pigs it will kill me to have to bow out now and start paying them again - I was even getting ready to demand all payments made back so angry am I with them!!!!!!! Please, one desperate person here so all help very much appreciated.:wink: