Esure Renewals

buzby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been with this company for a couple of years now, same vehicle but various policies as it was often cheaper to have a requote online than simply pay ther renewal fee demanded.

Anyway, my current policy was set to expire yesterday (Saturday) but as the vehicle is not used often and I was away on business that week, I tried today on the website to renew my policy, but could not - the number was not recognised. Calling their Glasgow number (forget this 0870 lark!) the call was answered in India, and I spent 8 minutes giving all my details, as the Policy number appeared to be unknown.

I was told my policy was 'cancelled' yeaterday, and they could requote me for a new policy if I wished. I explained this was a bit silly as I was calling just 8 hours after my last policy lapsed... why could I not now renew? Same answer, but I wasn't getting anywhere with the semantics of English. I said if the recalculared policy matched renewal requested (£211) then there wasn't a problem. The calculation was £256, and I declined. I asked whether retaining existing trouble-free policyholders was not a good idea, and I was put oin hold. Whilst waiting, esure gave me an online quote of £217, still better than the £256 quoted. The staffer returned stating that she had spoken with the underwriters, and they could 'on this occasion' let me have the policy for £219. I told her not to bother, if they were not prepared to meet the £211 requested in the renewal, I would not proceed.

On to Confused.Com which then provided me the the same policy type one a few extra bells for.... £169! Thank goodness I didn't take up eSure's tempting offer.

I thought I was supporting a UK company with UK call centres when I started, and the shift to India made my national pride kick in. Which was just as well, as I saved nearly £50 by going with a different UK provider.

My previous battles with esure was their total refusal to accept a customer who would NOT make a payment by plastic. No card, no policy - yet they appear to be within their rights to stipulate this. I do hope somebody, somewhere realises that esure don;t always live up to their advertising, and you may well be better off elsewhere.