• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Carphone Warehouse Head Office Address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

Can anybody help me with Carphone Werehouse Head office address, please?

I want to write to Mr Dunstone(CEO) :))))))):mad:

I have his email address if somebody needs it:)))

Thank you,

Marie

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's easy, it's got a long queue from the main door heading to the car park!

Carphone Warehouse,

North Acton Business Park,

Wales Farm Road,

London W3 6RS.

Thank you so much:))))You such a sweetie:))))

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Guest DEATHLORD

I wish you luck as Ive now issued a summons for this so called company.

The service is the worst ever, Mr Dunstone does even answer letters himself so why waste your time.

I wish you luck as Ive now issued a summons for this so called company.

The service is the worst ever, Mr Dunstone does even answer letters himself so why waste your time.

why did you issue a summons?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Guest DEATHLORD

Because they collected from a account which was not the right one, ie I paid charges and costs of so many telephone calls to there so called service centre. At one time I walked from my yard to there offices !5 mins and was still on the phone waiting for the so called manager to answer when I walked into the office.

But wait @he could not answer any questions but would get back to me Iam still waiting some 4 months.

So for my costs and losses and damages.

I have addressed three letters hand delivered to Mr Dunstone, one with a copy of the summons But do'nt worry he never even answered!

Well, i am not suprised...I found out i am paying for an insurance and i am not even a customer for CW.....They charged me in Jan £32.50 as DD....

Good luck. I am taking them to my solictors soon. As i paid my Talk Talk bill by standing order as i usual do and the 5th payment their bank can not even find it. In the mean time my bank is looking into it and chasing it up with their bank, but its been 3 weeks now and no reply from their bank and overall 2 months since i paid. I have told carphone warehouse that i am not paying another bill yet until the payment for November has been found by their bank. When you do phone customer services you are talking to someone in South Africa not local. Their call packet might be cheaper than BT, but the problems you get from them i just wonder is it really worth swapping to a cheaper phone company just to save a few pennys and end up with head aches.

Well, i am not suprised...I found out i am paying for an insurance and i am not even a customer for CW.....They charged me in Jan £32.50 as DD....

... which I presume your bank refunded immediately?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

... which I presume your bank refunded immediately?

No my bank has not refunded me yet as their are still looking into it. But now that you have mentioned it, i will go into my bank tomorrow and request that their refund me my payment.

Thank you for you reply.

MY APOLOGIES MAYBE THIS SHOULD BE A FRESH POST I,m just writing up a summons on the moneyclaim online site. I,m just wondering if anyone has got any ideas. I ordered a phone last year from CPW. After loads of aggro, i could not get the the damm thing to work so I got annoyed and sent it back with a letter to the head office,rejecting the goods. All I got was a patronising phone call back telling me to go to a shop and get a new sim card. The phone or at least i think it was the phone arrived back a week later. I refused to accept delivery of the phone. I then waited and the payments were still being taken from my bank account. I allowed a few months to pass by and had enough so I took them to court quoting bits of the sale of goods act. Unfortunately I did ask the court to recind the contract. The little sods are still taking money from the account. I phoned them up again and they told me that that the contract was still valid. What now ??????????????????.

Your problem is that the phone and the contract are two different things. You are certainly entitled to get a replacement phone if it is faulty, but yopur contract is for the SIM, and as the phone service has not been questioned, you still remain liable for that. The SOGA does not cover the contract, only the handset, so unless you can advise the working of the judgement, you have to assume that the contract continued and you remained liable for this until cancellation or when your contract period expired. Start a new thread to discuss this matter....!

Dear Johny2bad,

I didn't fill indemnity form as yet...I think i should but today i received a letter from CW

Idris Lobinet

Correspondence Department

CPWUID: LOBINETI

She is happy to refund me 3 Insurance payments if i provide the letter from 3...which i am happy to...CW was charging me 3 years for an Insurance that was sold free in a contract packege and after a year i switched to 3 and dealed with them directly.I am going through my statements and found out they charged me first after 6 months of contract( with free insurance)....in 2005..2006 after the contract has finished and cancelled...2007- you have to be stupid to still run DD..well it took me 3 years to find out(wasn't carefull with my money at all)...I cancelled my contract in 2005..and i want my £97.50 back.

If anybody needs the address..its here...:

Lifeline Refund Team

The Carphone Warehouse Group PLC

1 Portal Way

London

W3 6RS

Mr Dunstone's email is: [email protected]

Anyway...i am wishing luck to everyone..

Do not give up.....claim your money.....

I have recently filed second MCOL against TalkTalk. First one was for taking my money twice from the bank and the current one was for placing a message on my line, informing all callers that there is a restriction on my line because I haven't paid the bill. Idiots. I only stay with them because of good package for European calls and enormous hassle of swapping landline and broadband. Their customer service has a lowest rating on a vast majority of online polls.

and don't hope for Charlie D writing back to you....he never replied to me, booohooo....when I told him that he needs to learn to walk first before he runs...after he bought UK AOL.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have recently filed second MCOL against TalkTalk. First one was for taking my money twice from the bank and the current one was for placing a message on my line, informing all callers that there is a restriction on my line because I haven't paid the bill. Idiots. I only stay with them because of good package for European calls and enormous hassle of swapping landline and broadband. Their customer service has a lowest rating on a vast majority of online polls.

and don't hope for Charlie D writing back to you....he never replied to me, booohooo....when I told him that he needs to learn to walk first before he runs...after he bought UK AOL.

Hi Joa, good luck and keep us updating:);)

Mr D is useless....u r right:)))

I received a letter from CW Lifeline insurance people via email with refusal to pay £195 back for the insurance i wasn't aware of paying(never used to check my statements:-o ).When i bought my phone it was part of free offer and when i cancel the contract a year later, they still kept charging me...

As they said i should've cancelled it by myself...i even didn't know i had it...

I emailed them a Prelim letter, and giving them 14 days to refund...:D

Have a great day and let me know how your claim is going.....Good luck;)

the current one was for placing a message on my line, informing all callers that there is a restriction on my line because I haven't paid the bill. Idiots

so, are you claiming damages, etc? what, if any, punishment can talk talk expect to recieve?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Agree....it's far too much....go after them...FSA and FOS will be happy to find out what they did....

I can tell you that in my dispute with this outfit, i phoned and got throuh to the folks that deal with the problems. All I got was sarcastic abuse. Bear in mind that your probably on their PIN list. They will become vindictive. You will have to demand everything. Expect no cooperation .

Just tell them what you want and issue the summons. If you want cheap phone calls can I suggest 18185 or maybe voipe. ?????

I think I,m correct in aing that only 20% of small claims are contested.

If they contest it they will have to send a solicitor to YOUR local court, they will be taking a pragmatic decision based on costs v likely outcome.

itsamomentintime: my particulars of claim

The defendant provides telecom services for

me. The defendant has suspended my account

and has arranged for a recorded message to

be played to all who called me. This

message announced to callers that the line

has been restricted to due to non payment.

I have a recording of this message. This

happened on 2 occasions and lasted few days

each time.The defendant has breached my

rights to privacy and his obligation to

keep my data confidential. This has caused

me a considerable distress and humiliation.

I have lost an opportunity of paid

freelance assignment as potential client

heard this message. I requested £200 as a

compensation for breach of Data Protection

Act, Administration of Justice Act 1970,

section 40 point 1 and for embarrassment

and anxiety caused. The defendant paid £70

and I am requesting that the defendant pays

me further £130.

Issued on 17.01.07. No response yet. Previous claim settled in full.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hello every one, just wanted to let you know that CW send me a letter saying they are happy to refund me £195 that i should receive in 14 days time:)))))))

Feel very happy....

I guess you do not get if you do not ask....:))))

Buzby Thank you for all your help

Good luck for every one:))))