Principal exclusions??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am a leasholder living in a small block of flats. The landlord/freeholder has just taken out a new insurance policy.

Under principal exclusions(listed on the landlords insurance policy), the following is said:

If the property was built prior to 1970 the electrical system must have been tested by the local Electricity Board (or NICEIC registered electrician) in the last 5 years.

Ensure that any connected gas appliance is checked annually by British Gas or by a registered Corgi installer.

Does this mean that if the above two are negative, and something was to happen to my home due to either a gas or electrical fault, I wouldn't be paid out?

Also, is it the landlord's responsibility to ensure that these checks are made?

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you very much George. Could you possibly advise whether or not the freeholder incurrs any fees by having to check the gas connections(and is he liable for them?)? I am assuming that all (four) flats in the block have to be checked annually for a claim to be valid? If so, do I have a right to copies of certificates for all four flats (obviously a small admin. fee would be paid), or would it be one certificate for the entire block?

These are my final questions and I would be most appreciative if you could answer them.