C L Finance Ltd

Cosmic55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The problem i have is that about 4 years ago i defaulted with 2 G E Capital store cards, once they defaulted i paid them up and i beleive i may still have the satifaction letter somewhere. Checking my experian credit report they now show that they have gone back to default, the time before i checked my credit the showed as satified.

Does any one have the phone No for C L Finance Ltd so i can contact them.

Your help would be most greatful, Once again C L Finance cause me stress.:-x

Many Thanks in Advance

Its always better to make an official written letter, rather then a phone call. Where the address should be on your experian report at the back.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

• 4 weeks later...

C. L. FINANCE LIMITED

Kingston House

Centre 27 Business Park

Woodhead Road

BATLEY

WF17 9TD

Hope this will be of help to you

Hello everyone I'm a newbie to this forum, or any forum come to that, so be patient with me as I have alot of unanswered questions that I wish to find the truth about.

These include bank charges, what my rights are and how I can go about my business without getting ripped of by the banking system and others.:confused:

• 2 months later...

hi - i understand the advice to write a formal letter but i need to speak to CL Finance really urgently as their solicitor is hassling me and i now have a court claim form. I had been dealing with payplan but they have been as useful as a chocolate teapot and i now want to try and deal direct.

Any tel no. would be really appreciated.

Thanks

It would be a lot better to write a letter. With letters, you have a record that you can refer back to. People often say things over the phone that can be wriggled out of at a later date, or claim not to have said, or agreed to, and with an important issue like this it is a lot better to have everything in writing. Why don't you go over to the Debt section of the forum and take a look at some of the threads dealing with defaults, etc.? Someone is sure to have been through the experience that you're currently going through, and may be able to offer more personalised advice.

• Haha 1

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

I'm in a position to make a final settlement but if I write by the tim ethey get it and process it - it will have gone to court. The solicitor won't giv eme the number and are demanding the full amount plus £140 charges - not helpful when I'm already in debt. I really could do with speaking to them. how can a company not be contactable by phone - it beegars belief :confused:

Vibrett, I can't find a number for them either. Have you received any correspondance from them? That may have a telephone number on it.

I think you need to start your own thread in the Debt section. Put down everything: what the debt is for, how much, and how long you've been paying it; precisely what the solicitor has said to you, and everything you've received in relation to threats of court. Most of the time, threats of court are just that, threats in order to get you to pay up, but in order to advise you as to whether this is bluff or not we would need more information. Start here and I'll keep bumping it until someone comes along - it shouldn't be long at all, there's always someone on the debt forum.

-----

I'm in a position to make a final settlement but if I write by the tim ethey get it and process it - it will have gone to court. The solicitor won't giv eme the number and are demanding the full amount plus £140 charges - not helpful when I'm already in debt. I really could do with speaking to them. how can a company not be contactable by phone - it beegars belief :confused:

Is it Lewis Debt recovery who are chasing you for CL Finance?

I presume they haven't started proceeding and are just sending you the 'Were taking you to court letters'

If you cant call them, how are they expecting you to pay them?

That's why I thought a full account in the Debt forum would help the poster more :) If they are affiliated with Lewis Debt recovery, then my link above is correct for contact info, as the 'Lewis Group' is noted as another part of the company on the site.

EDIT: Hang on, got a landline number for Lewis Group's call centre - 01274 852000 (or 0870 751 3300).

-----

As a bit of a side issue as GE have not been very good with their paperwork lately I was wondering if they are selling off debts that they know they cant encorce?

I am with Payplan and have 2 GE accounts which throughout their history have always been paid on time, no charges added, but after a few months with Payplan they sold the debts to CL Finance.

Could this be their new plan?

Thanks guys - I spok eto CL but got put through to the solicitors on the pretence of being passed to my account handler! They will take a final settlement which is the full debt or the will take 3 installments if I am willing to pay the additional £140 charges - neither scenario helps me but I seem to have my hands tied. Payplan have been terrible - I sent them a lump sum to secure full and final settlement on my debts. They told me how much would cover it and I sent that amount (15k from an inheritance) - they paid of some then came back and said they needed £4k more - I didn't have it and in the meantime they had stopped paying the monthly installments which is what has resulted in this being referred to court - argh!

Thanks guys - I spok eto CL but got put through to the solicitors on the pretence of being passed to my account handler! They will take a final settlement which is the full debt or the will take 3 installments if I am willing to pay the additional £140 charges - neither scenario helps me but I seem to have my hands tied. Payplan have been terrible - I sent them a lump sum to secure full and final settlement on my debts. They told me how much would cover it and I sent that amount (15k from an inheritance) - they paid of some then came back and said they needed £4k more - I didn't have it and in the meantime they had stopped paying the monthly installments which is what has resulted in this being referred to court - argh!

Have you recieved court docs or is this just what CL or their 'solicitors' are saying is going to happen.

Have you sent them a CCA request to see if they actually have the paperwork?

Personally from my dealings with CL and Lewis this is just a scare tactic, BUT it would be better if you can find out if they are entitled to the debt.

• 1 month later...
Guest Mincemeat

Any news? I'm in a similar boat and am fishing for other snippits from other CAGGERs

• 4 weeks later...

Try Googling "CL Finance" and you will see they are owned by Cattles. Telephone number for CL is 01924 444466, but my philosophy is never to phone these bastards or answer 0870 or 'number witheld' calls. I've started a thread but unfortunately it's headed CI Finance (and I don't know how to change it!) In my case they are part of an unholy trinity involving GE Money, themselves and Howard Cohen & Co. Solicitors. Their phone number is 0113 2440597,and they are based at 29 Park Square, Leeds LS1 2PQ. Suggest you view their smarmy website Howard Cohen & Co. Solicitor in Leeds - Personal & Business. Do not use their e-mail address as printed on their letterhead as it contains a hyphen between howard and cohen, and doesn't work. Neither should you use their 0870 number (look on http://www.saynoto0870.com). For your further information GE Money is actually part of GE Capital Finance which, in turn is part of the mighty yankee GE Corporation. Wish they'd stick to constructing aero engines and power stations. Their level of integrity is such they have recently been fined £600,000 by the FSA and are in danger of having to pay back some £10 million due to the mis-selling of payment protection insurance. The only way I can link you to my thread is to quote the reference in an e-mail, but due to my lack of familiarity with computers will do so as a separate message. Hope this helps somewhat. Vandermerwe

Oh dear, I said I was useless with computers didn't I? It's all one long line, and after consumeractiongroup it should be.co.uk/forum/debt-collection/ What follows next is 97612-cl-finance-ge-money-new-post.html. Vandermerwe

Sorry readers, I said I was useless with computers didn't I? After the consumeractiongroup.co.uk/try adding the following: forum/debt-collection/97612-cl-finance-ge-money-new-post.html. Any offer of tuition in the ways of this incredibly useful site would be greatly (and humbly) appreciated. Vandermerwe

Hey, sit back, chill, have a cup of tea and a biscuit,

The link you posted works fine, it's just been truncated (shortened) by the forum software so it doesn't take up so much room :D

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

• 5 months later...

I got a letter from Howard Cohen solicitors a few days ago telling me that they were taking a provisional charge on my property pending a court hearing in January because i owe CL finance over £7000.00! I have never heard of CL finance until I got the letter! and I don't owe anyone anything like £7000... I got a letter from the land registry today confirming this action has been taken! I looked up CL finance tonight on my PC and found this site! Seems to me that the tables need to be turned on CL finance and Howard Cohen solicitors... to say that I am worried about a charge being taken on my property like this, is an understatement! (I don't have any secured loans on it so that's a start, I think) If I manage to keep myself together over this, I may go in for a counter claim. Wish me luck!