Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder Cosmic55 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jan 2007

Default C L Finance Ltd

The problem i have is that about 4 years ago i defaulted with 2 G E Capital store cards, once they defaulted i paid them up and i beleive i may still have the satifaction letter somewhere. Checking my experian credit report they now show that they have gone back to default, the time before i checked my credit the showed as satified.

Does any one have the phone No for C L Finance Ltd so i can contact them.

Your help would be most greatful, Once again C L Finance cause me stress.

Many Thanks in Advance

Similar Threads:

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    blitz Informative blitz Informative blitz Informative blitz Informative blitz Informative

Cagger since
    Oct 2006

Default Re: C L Finance Ltd

Its always better to make an official written letter, rather then a phone callicon. Where the address should be on your experian report at the back.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder kingdom Novitiate kingdom's Avatar

Cagger since
    Sep 2006

C. L. FINANCE LIMITED
    Kingston House
    Centre 27 Business Park
    Woodhead Road
    BATLEY
    WF17 9TD

Hope this will be of help to you

Hello everyone I'm a newbie to this forum, or any forum come to that, so be patient with me as I have alot of unanswered questions that I wish to find the truth about.

These include bank charges, what my rights are and how I can go about my business without getting ripped of by the banking system and others.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder vibrett Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

hi - i understand the advice to write a formal letter but i need to speak to CL Finance really urgently as their solicitor is hassling me and i now have a court claim form. I had been dealing with payplan but they have been as useful as a chocolate teapot and i now want to try and deal direct.
    Any tel no. would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Number 4, Stygia Avenue, Hell...come in, we have beer and Pringles.

It would be a lot better to write a letter. With letters, you have a record that you can refer back to. People often say things over the phone that can be wriggled out of at a later date, or claim not to have said, or agreed to, and with an important issue like this it is a lot better to have everything in writing. Why don't you go over to the Debt section of the forum and take a look at some of the threads dealing with defaults, etc.? Someone is sure to have been through the experience that you're currently going through, and may be able to offer more personalised advice.

-----
    Click the scales if I've been useful!
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

I'm in a position to make a final settlement but if I write by the tim ethey get it and process it - it will have gone to court. The solicitor won't giv eme the number and are demanding the full amount plus 140 charges - not helpful when I'm already in debt. I really could do with speaking to them. how can a company not be contactable by phone - it beegars belief

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash Authoritative demon_x_slash's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in

Vibrett, I can't find a number for them either. Have you received any correspondance from them? That may have a telephone number on it.
    I think you need to start your own thread in the Debt section. Put down everything: what the debt is for, how much, and how long you've been paying it; precisely what the solicitor has said to you, and everything you've received in relation to threats of court. Most of the time, threats of court are just that, threats in order to get you to pay up, but in order to advise you as to whether this is bluff or not we would need more information. Start here and I'll keep bumping it until someone comes along - it shouldn't be long at all, there's always someone on the debt forum.

-----
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in

There's a CattLes Finance at exactly the same address. Possibly the same people. Cattles | Contact us Only thing I could find, sorry.

-----
    Follows
    Following

Banned PKea Informative PKea Informative PKea's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    In the Shadows

Exclamation Re: C L Finance Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by vibrett View Post
    I'm in a position to make a final settlement but if I write by the tim ethey get it and process it - it will have gone to court. The solicitor won't giv eme the number and are demanding the full amount plus 140 charges - not helpful when I'm already in debt. I really could do with speaking to them. how can a company not be contactable by phone - it beegars belief
    Is it Lewis Debt recovery who are chasing you for CL Finance?
    I presume they haven't started proceeding and are just sending you the 'Were taking you to court letters'
    If you cant call them, how are they expecting you to pay them?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in

That's why I thought a full account in the Debt forum would help the poster more If they are affiliated with Lewis Debt recovery, then my link above is correct for contact info, as the 'Lewis Group' is noted as another part of the company on the site.

EDIT: Hang on, got a landline number for Lewis Group's call centre - 01274 852000 (or 0870 751 3300).

-----
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    In the Shadows

As a bit of a side issue as GE have not been very good with their paperwork lately I was wondering if they are selling off debts that they know they cant encorce?

I am with Payplan and have 2 GE accounts which throughout their history have always been paid on time, no charges added, but after a few months with Payplan they sold the debts to CL Finance.

Could this be their new plan?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in

Wouldn't put anything past 'em. Sucks to be their third party company, though, if that's the case, eh?

-----
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

Thanks guys - I spok eto CL but got put through to the solicitors on the pretence of being passed to my account handler! They will take a final settlement which is the full debt or the will take 3 installments if I am willing to pay the additional 140 charges - neither scenario helps me but I seem to have my hands tied. Payplan have been terrible - I sent them a lump sum to secure Full and finalicon settlement on my debts. They told me how much would cover it and I sent that amount (15k from an inheritanceicon) - they paid of some then came back and said they needed 4k more - I didn't have it and in the meantime they had stopped paying the monthly installments which is what has resulted in this being referred to court - argh!

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

Thanks Demon - I have started the new thread.

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    In the Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by vibrett View Post
    Thanks guys - I spok eto CL but got put through to the solicitors on the pretence of being passed to my account handler! They will take a final settlement which is the full debt or the will take 3 installments if I am willing to pay the additional 140 charges - neither scenario helps me but I seem to have my hands tied. Payplan have been terrible - I sent them a lump sum to secure Full and finalicon settlement on my debts. They told me how much would cover it and I sent that amount (15k from an inheritanceicon) - they paid of some then came back and said they needed 4k more - I didn't have it and in the meantime they had stopped paying the monthly installments which is what has resulted in this being referred to court - argh!
    Have you recieved court docs or is this just what CL or their 'solicitors' are saying is going to happen.
    Have you sent them a CCA Requesticon to see if they actually have the paperwork?
    Personally from my dealings with CL and Lewis this is just a scare tactic, BUT it would be better if you can find out if they are entitled to the debt.

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

I have recieved a claim form

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in

Let's keep this on vibrett's new thread eh? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...l-finance.html

-----
    Follows
    Following

Mincemeat

Any news? I'm in a similar boat and am fishing for other snippits from other CAGGERs

Basic Account Holder vandermerwe Informative vandermerwe Informative vandermerwe's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2007
    I am in
    West Midlands

Try Googling "CL Finance" and you will see they are owned by Cattles. Telephone number for CL is 01924 444466, but my philosophy is never to phone these bastards or answer 0870 or 'number witheld' calls. I've started a thread but unfortunately it's headed CI Finance (and I don't know how to change it!) In my case they are part of an unholy trinity involving GE Money, themselves and Howard Cohen & Co. Solicitors. Their phone number is 0113 2440597,and they are based at 29 Park Square, Leeds LS1 2PQ. Suggest you view their smarmy website Howard Cohen & Co. Solicitor in Leeds - Personal & Business. Do not use their e-mail address as printed on their letterhead as it contains a hyphen between howard and cohen, and doesn't work. Neither should you use their 0870 number (look on www.saynoto0870.com). For your further information GE Money is actually part of GE Capital Finance which, in turn is part of the mighty yankee GE Corporation. Wish they'd stick to constructing aero engines and power stations. Their level of integrity is such they have recently been fined 600,000 by the FSA and are in danger of having to pay back some 10 million due to the mis-sellingicon of payment protection insurance. The only way I can link you to my thread is to quote the reference in an e-mail, but due to my lack of familiarity with computers will do so as a separate message. Hope this helps somewhat. Vandermerwe

Basic Account Holder vandermerwe Informative vandermerwe Informative vandermerwe's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2007
    I am in
    West Midlands

OK readers here's the link to my contributionicon to CL Finance, GE et al: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-new-post.html Vandermerwe

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE