Account handed to debt collector

Bennyuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was a student and went over my overdraft limit and was charged about £30 every month on quite a few occasions. If I switched anything, say a sandwich for £2.50, I got a £30 charge added to that as well (I know its no excuse to say i was a student - but i was really naive about finances)

Anyway...

The debt was transferred to a debt collector and I am currently paying this whole thing off... Am I also entitled to have the charges removed? How will this be communicated to the debt agency?

I have read the FAQ's and never found this answer, so I apologise if this question is anywhere else on the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Hi - welcome to the forums.

You can certainly claim these back.

You need to persue the organisation that issued the charges, so if they were ALL by the bank, then that is the way to proceed.

If the DCA has added further charges, you'll have 2 claims to make.

Start the process as shown in the step-by-step guide and keep reading everything you can in our FAQs along the way.

John

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hello and welcome!

I read something similar on another thread (had a quick look couldn't find it though :() a few days ago.

Most of the advice seems to have been to claim against the original bank as they were the ones who issued the original unlawful charges in the first place. Hope that helps. ;)

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks