Capital One/Personal Accident Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure whether this is in the right forum, but as it concernes payments being made from a credit card to an insurance company then I'll give it a try.

In May last year, I received a phone call from Capital One offering me a 'special' deal on accidental death benefit. I never, as a rule accept anything being sold by phone, but the company phoned right in the middle of the FA Cup final and as I was trying to keep up with what was happening on the telly I agreed to take the three months free cover and to cancel the policy when I received the cancellation form with the documents. I did this and sent the form back, thinking no more about it until I received my September statement which showed that £12.50 had been paid to Personal Accident. I wrote to Capital One instructing them to immediately cancel any payments in favour of the company and to refund what had already been paid. I received a letter confirming my instruction and saying that the matter would be referred to the relevant department for action.

To date I have received no further communication and the payments are still being made from my account. I have just written a strongly worded letter demanding an immediate refund of the money paid to date and also the interest on this amount. Is this enough do you think and has anybody else come across similar circumstances? What did you have to do to get the money back?

I would appreciate some help! Thanks.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!