BOS corporate finance-anyone had dealings?

john
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a laptop on a lease and the company I pay monthly to is Bank of Scotland corporate finance. On a 3 year lease there are only 4 more payments due, and all have been paid on time.

The payment was due on January 1st, and because of the holidays my account would have been 36p over my OD limit so my bank didn't pay it. Funds were paid in on the 2nd to cover everything. My bank has cancelled their £35 charge, due to the circumstances, and told me the dd would be re-applied for on 9th january, for which the funds are available.

Today I recieved a letter from BOS corporate finance saying they are charging me £35 plus £15, both plus vat, because of the refused dd!!!

I telephoned them and asked them to consider refunding, but was told, basically, its tough. Read our terms and conditions. I explained that my bank, (Halifax!!!) had refunded my charges as the amount over was so small, and he said he couldn't care less about my personal finances, read the terms and conditions. I mentioned going through the courts and was told if I think I've got a chance, do it.

TBH I don't give a damn about the £50, its the principal and unfairness.

I have claimed bank charges sucessfully from 2 banks, and just wondered if someone could confirm that these charges are also unlawful, as they are not, to all intents and purposes, bank charges. (But are penalty charges!)

Also, has anyone claimed in similar circumstances?

thanks.