• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mike220359 v Blair Oliver & Scott **I won**

Mike220359
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This has been a long road to go down, with constant harassment by phone at home and work when they are not getting their own way.

Only go down this road if you are strong and believe in what you are doing. There have been times when the tension it was causing my wife almost made me give up.

It all started in 2003, whne because of illness our income dropped, the vultures started circling, The Bank of Scotland being one of them. Despite the CCCS being involved the soon passed the account onto Blair et al and defaulted me. Not that they told me about the latter, but thats another story.

When we got back on our feet, after selling our house, to pay some of the vultures off, I got into a repaymnet scheme, eventually paying £270 per month, it was crippling, not that they cared.

In June of this year I stumbled on this site, and thought in for a penny, in for a pound. I read the instructions and sent off this letter.

Blair Oliver and Scott

PO Box 66

Rosyth

KY11 2WG

(Via recorded delivery)

Dear Sir,

Re: Agreement reference

I am presently striving to organise my personal information and can find no reference to the above agreement that I am presently paying money into.

Could I ask that you supply me with a true copy of the agreement? I understand that this is my right under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I also understand that it is your obligation to provide me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee.

Since you are a Debt Collection Agency could I ask that you supply a signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement? This is, I understand, an obligation, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I hope to hear from you within the statutory time limit.

Yours faithfully,

Mike 220359

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I waited the statutory time, never heard a dicky bird, most unusual because they are like a dog with a bone.

So I grabbed the bull by the horns and stopped payment.

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Then I started to get phone calls and quite alot of them, I must admit to have the red mist falling when I wrote this letter

Blair Oliver and Scott

PO Box 66

Rosyth

KY11 2WG

(Via recorded delivery)

Dear Sir,

Re: Agreement reference

This letter has also been sent to the Company Secretary, Blair Oliver & Scott Ltd, 8 North Bank Street, Edinburgh, EH1 2LP

Before I continue I wish to establish that I am not seeking to avoid responsibility for any debt that I may have or had, I am seeking to redress a wrong. I also offer my apologies for not following up my initial contact until now.

I wrote to you on the 26th June 2006 requesting a copy of the executed agreement under the Consumer Credit Act (1974). I also asked for a statement of account. A ‘*****’ at your address received the letter on the 27th June 2006. I also requested an executed deed of assignment documenting Blair Oliver & Scott’s involvement; this too has not been supplied.

In three months you have been unable to supply an agreement because no such agreement exists, indeed a ‘phone conversation with your call centre manager, *****, on the 22nd September 2006 confirmed that the Bank of Scotland cannot provide any documentation.

Consequently I do not acknowledge any debt to your company

As you will know your non-compliance with my request means that your company has committed an offence under Section 77 (4) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, summarily punishable by a Level 4 fine on the standard scale.

A credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act and is therefore a complete defence to any court claim that is issued. Please take note that any legal action you may contemplate will be vigorously defended and contested.

I also contend that the money that you have obtained from me has been unlawful since you have not provided me with any documentation to prove the contrary, and under common law you may not profit from an unlawful act.

Furthermore your actions arguably do not comply with the Office of Fair Trading’s (OFT) Debt Collection Guidelines of July 2003, in that you have ‘communicated with [me] in an inaccurate or misleading manner (section 2.1) by ‘presenting information in that it creates a false or misleading impression’ and ‘failing to provide [me] with information on the status of debts’.

Notwithstanding the above your operatives have sought to contact me on a number of occasions (approximately ten times) over the last few days, I would imagine regarding your Company’s viewpoint on the above now disputed agreement. I know of these attempts because of the recording received when using British Telcom’s 1471 facility. This intrusion into my privacy has caused a great deal of distress to my wife and myself, since because of The Data Protection Act (Data Protection Act) your operatives say they are not allowed to discuss matters with her, (more of the DPA later).

We now consider that you ‘phone calls constitute harassment and so from this date any further calls to me will be reported to the Police. In addition you are in breech of the OFT’s July 2003 guidelines in that you are wrongly pursing me contrary to Section 2.8(i). Incidentally, when Ms ***** was asked whether your company had been striving to contact me she said ‘no’ but she was going to place a note on my file that no ‘phone contact would be made until the matter was concluded’. Clearly she told me an untruth or the computerised call logger that she was examining was inaccurate. Since within an hour my wife had received two further calls from you, and I received another at 8.40pm, from a lady who said she represented Blair Oliver & Scott.

Another worrying facet of this whole case is the unlawful dissemination of my data by your company to a third party. Under the DPA I have principled rights in that

(Schedule I)

1. Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.

2. Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.

(Schedule II)

1. The subject has given his consent.

2. The processing is necessary –

a. For the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party.

I have recently conducted an audit of my personal credit reports supplied by Experian and Equifax. Within both files, an entry referenced as “Bank of Scotland” is lodged indicating a loan. This is recorded as “In Default” on the 27th February 2004. However, I note that files have been updated continually since then. Since I have had no contact with The Bank of Scotland I can only deduce that it is Blair Oliver & Scott that is updating my credit file without my consent or that your company is disseminating my information to a third party without my consent

The fact that you cannot provide me with a copy of the agreement negates any Notice of Default being served on me, as required by the conditions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Incidentally, I cannot recollect receipt of the said documentation. If the documentation were to be produced as you are aware the default notice cancels any original terms and conditions and as such cancels any right to share my information without my consent.

What I require.

1. I require you with immediate effect to ensure that all data held by you regarding the alleged agreement is removed from any and all Credit Reference Agency database.

2. Ensure that all data held by you regarding me and my family is destroyed.

3. Refund all monies paid to you by me since August 2004.

4. Ensure that no further telephone calls are made to me or my place of work.

5. Ensure that all correspondence is made in writing.

6. I require written confirmation of the above together with a quarterly statement that no data has been processed regarding me by you.

Failure to comply

• Failure to comply with my request under the Data Protection Act 1998 will result in the matter being referred to the Information Commissioner.
  • Failure to comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act will cause me to refer the matter to the Office of Fair Trading, and Trading Standards.
  • Failure to comply with the requirements Office of Fair Trading guidelines will lead to a report being submitted.
  • Continued telephone contact will generate a complaint to the police.
  • Failure to repay the paid sums shall cause me to report you to the OFT, Trading Standards and the Financial Services Authority.
  • If you fail to comply with any or all of the above I reserve the right to offer the experience to Consumer Interest media, I have just enrolled with BBC TV’s consumer watchdog database.
  • If you fail to comply with any or all of the above I reserve the right to take action against you without further contact.

I hope to hear from you within 12 working days from the date of this letter, failure to do so will be taken that you failed to comply with my request.

Yours faithfully,

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

I also sent a copy of the letter to Blair et als company secreatry, but that was ent back as 'gone away'!

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Then the phone calls started again followed by this reminder

(24th October)

Dear Sir/Madam

Bank of Scotland

Acc. No. x

Balance due £2592.16dr

We are a professional Debt Collection Agency instructed by our above client to obtain payment of the balance owed by you. You will appreciate that our client requires payment of the full balance as soon as possible.

What Action is Required by You

(1) Make payment in full to the account. Payment can be made by using a credit or debit card by contacting our Helpline or by sending a cheque or postal order to our address quoting the above reference number.

Or

(2) Contact this office to discuss this matter further quoting our above reference number. Our hours of business are 8.30am to 7.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 12.30pm on Saturday.

What will happen if you do not take the above action

(1) We may instruct one of our local door to door agents to call on you to discuss the matter further.

And/or

(2) We may commence legal action against you.

Yours faithfully,

Well I got on the blower and told the woman that I had had enough of them and was going to report them to the OFT and TS and the Information Commissioner, which I did, but again that's another story, and hopefully, when all comes to pass I'll post that on here too.

The calls then stopped for another month

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

I couldn't afford to take them on or anyone else for that matter at the time, with Xmas coming up, So I thought that I would just wait and see until after the new year, then out of the blue came this

(9th December)

Dear Sir/Madam

Bank of Scotland

Acc. No. x

Balance due £2592.16dr

FINAL NOTICE

No further reminder will be issued prior to further action being instructed. As you have failed to respond to our previous letter by making full payment or contact this office with repayment proposal your debt will be prepared for further action in five days time from the date of this letter.

What action will be taken?

One of our local door to door collectors may call on you to discuss the repayment of your debt with our clients

And/or

We may commence legal proceedings against you. We would advise that you may be liable for legal expenses should action be taken against you in addition to repaying your debt to our clients.

You have one final opportunity to prevent further action being taken by

(1) Make payment in full to the account. Payment can be made by using a credit or debit card by contacting our Helpline or by sending a cheque or postal order to our address quoting the above reference number.

Or

(2) Contact this office to discuss this matter further quoting our above reference number. Our hours of business are 8.30am to 7.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 12.30pm on Saturday.

Yours faithfully

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

I got a call at work from my wife who was scared stiff, I was really scared too, so I rang Blair up from work during my lunch hour. The girld didn't really know why I was ringing but took the time to read all that was on the monitor in front of her. Apprantly they had asked for the copy of the agreement seven times, she then went to her manager who was the same girl that I had spoken to in September.

She said that the account would be closed and I could disregard the letter.

I was numb but took them at their word.

Then the following arrived

(15th December)

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc. No. x

Balance due £2592.16dr

We refer to the above account.

Please could you telephone within the next seven days to discuss this matter further. Failure to comply with this request may result in further action being taken against you.

Please note that this matter require your urgent attention.

Yours faithfully,

This arrived two days before Xmas, but I managed to keep it away from my wife, because it would have ruined it for her. And then on the 28th December we recived this

(21st December)

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc. No. x

Balance due £2592.16dr

We write to you in connection with the above account number and with regards to the problems you have been experiencing, please accept our sincere apologise.

We can confirm that we have passed the account for closure and the remaining balance, noted above for write off. Again please accept our apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Yours faithfully,

That was it just like that, it was gone, all that worry, in a letter that had the syntax and spelling qualities of a seven year old. And sorry for the inconvenience! your having a laugh.

I realise that some of you may think that I have been rather immoral in getting the loan written off, but really what was written off was half the interest, interest that shouldn't have been added in the first place because they didn't get their paperwork right in the first place.

This won't be the end of the matter because of the oFT, TS and Information Commissioner, but what I hope is is that if you know that you are in the right, and believe it, and you know the law is on your side, you will win.

No for the rest of the bastards.

lol

Mike

ps Donation coming at the end of January -- promise!

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

mike why are you immoral for getting the debt written off? you were only exercising your legal rights! its BOS that were immoral trying to chase you up for a debt that the could not enforce under the legislation!

well done to you and glad to hear you are now taking back control!

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

• 3 weeks later...

Just to tie all this up all entries on my credit file and the alledged default have now been removed.

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

This is absolutely fantastic Mike! I'm going to go the same route with Blair et al - sent my request for the agreement today along with a letter telling them to stop phoning me or I would report them. Going to wait with baited breath to see what reply I get (if any!!) They're chasing me for a credit card I originally held with Intelligent Finance.

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

Guest willowb

Hello and well done!:D I'm taking a deep breath and after months of umming and arrring am going to go for it!......my hands are shaking lol.

So, I'm off to start my threads....one for Abbey (loan) and another for RBS (mint card).

Wxxx

Hello and well done!:D I'm taking a deep breath and after months of umming and arrring am going to go for it!......my hands are shaking lol.

So, I'm off to start my threads....one for Abbey (loan) and another for RBS (mint card).

Wxxx

Best of luck my love

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Just a little bit more info about Blair Oliver & Scott for others who are being hassled by these sharks.

They are also incorrectly registered with the ICO as a data processor they are using the registered office address of the BOS ."their clients"...THE MOUND EDINBURGH ..When it should be their own registered office sparkie1723:)

• 3 weeks later...

fantastic, its reading posts like this which keep me and others battling on. so great, AND today was the day that CAB told me blair, oliver, scott were ruthless and 'always right' and not to get in bother with them (they had a debt of mine once but just kept it and passed it on to another DCA)! wooohooo for you! :D

Blimey !!! :D

That is wonderful reading and an absoloute inspiration to the rest of us !

I have a claim with Nw ongoing at the moment and I am going to tackle GE Money now.

I have six different accounts with GE :o and I am owed charges back on all of them,

I also have MBNA/1 ST CREDIT claim going on too. Both are now in default re SAR and CCA compliance.

MBNA/1 ST CREDIT have had a charging order made against me and are seeking to apply to have the order made final.

So this thread has really made me happy !

Instead of hijacking your thread I think I should go start my own !

Would you mind if I 'borrowed' your letters, they were fantastic ?

All the best to You

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, just as a matter of interest, did the charges and interest they made on your account exceed the balance by any chance?

If you retrieved your statements and worked it all out you may have had even more to come back - I might have been tempted to take a look and claim if theres anything over.

Funnily enough, I'm having the same thoughts at the moment with regard to this but I won't be posting anything 'til its all sorted out. There are too many 'guest' now monitoring this site, so I'll be keeping it under my hat until the time is right.

But I honestly don't think that this is the end of the matter by a long chalk.

Kind regards

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 2 weeks later...

Mike well done on this work. I do not consider you at all immoral in getting your debt written off. I started off really thinking we should settle our debts and still do...but with these morally bankrupt organisations I soon realised it was a huge game, played out on the backs of the misery of their fellow man and all that was happening was that our fear is funding a rock n roll lifestyle for the money grabbing directors and their families of these DCAs.

Most of the people I have encountered via CAG are just decent folk who got into a mess for various reasons and when they neede help the original lender just washed their hands of them. Real villains are the foreign gangs stealing identities, corporate shysters and the financial institutions who are just coining it not someone on PAYE struggling to pay the ever rising tide of bills.

Look at it this way, you have paid hard earned money to the original lender, they will have used that, made a profit and then taken a law of averages approach to selling it cheap, writing a good part of it off to capital gains taxes I doubt they have lost anything at all. Look forward to the rest of the saga and you are giving inspiration to others cowering by the phone in fear.

Guest willowb

Hear hear!!! I second that and may I add also that the key issue to consider if any of you are feeling in the slightest bit guilty is that the burden to uphold the law is on the lender and if the lender cannot conduct themselves so as to earn the right to their licenses and huge profits then it's their look out!

All they need to do is act responsibly and carry out their duties under the CCA, if they don't then that is entirely their loss! IMO

Wxxx