Son of Steven4064 vs GE Money **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi Steven4064, I have just received an offer from Salans offering a complete settlement. However, they have attached a draft order which requests a stay against the hearing which is on the 3rd Feb 2009. Also that I bear my own costs, that I agree to accept the settlement offer and that I keep the terms of the order and schedule confidential.

I have sent them an e-mail stating that I accept the settlement figure listed in their letter and that I expect a cheque made out to me within a few days and also that I wll contact the court once the cheque has been cleared on my account. I also reminded them the date the hearing is listed. i have not mentioned anything else. They also want me to signthe draft,not date it and send it ot them so that they can send the monies to the court. I am furious at the cheek of these people. I am the claiment not them.

Can I ask you if I am correct in ignoring their draft order? I also have had to go to a lot of expense and time. How do I go about claiming these expenses and timeback. In the original settlement they have agreed to pay 13.50p which I listed as admin costs. However, I have had to prepare three lots of court papers etc since then.

Could you please on how to proceed. (These expenses have been quite a drain as I received IS).

Thank you

Linda.

In my opinion you should put their draft order in the recycling - stick out for complete settlement, court fees and interest, no confidentiality statement.

What you have done seems exact;y right (at least its the same as I did, which I guess is the same thing :rolleyes::D )

I'm afraid you can't claim the other expenses on the small claims track unles the other side has behaved unreasonably. i think you would have a hard time convincing the court of that.

I agree, they sent me a draft order. I binned it and sent them one of mine.