Car Insurance fraudsters- claim struck out

natsmanc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My fella was involved in a car "accident" last year. Basically, whilst he was approaching a roundabout which led on to a slip road, a car appeared infront of him then broke hard (no brake lights they must have disconnected them), my bf then crashed into the back of them.

A witness said that these blokes had been driving round the R_A_B all day "waiting for a victim", their car was full of dints etc.

Anyway, they drove off and gave him false addresses etc.

They then claimed for whiplash & injuries, claimed as they had to pay for the car to be towed away (they drove off!!), and apparently claimed nearly 10k for car hire as theirs was a write off!

When it went to court it was struck out and they are likely to be done for fraud. They are known to the police and were featured in a documentary (think it was Trevor Macdonald) about car insurance fraud in a town called westhoughton. It transpires that the guy who they bought the car which was wrote off also arranged their car hire for 10k.. quite unlikely. And to top it off they were not even insured!!!

My fella is now out of pocket as his car was a write off and he is still paying the loan off which he got to buy the original car. He had to buy another car and his insurance has gone up from 45.00 per month to 81.00.

In total he is out of pocket by at least 3000.00.

His lawyer cannot deal with it now as his job was to make sure his insurers don not have to pay out. His insurers are being unhelpful as he was only on a third party, fire & theft policy.

I have heard of the Motor Insurance Bureau but not sure where we stand.

Does anybody know about these things or can offer any advice?

Nat

LTSB -claiming back WON!!!

Mint credit card - WON!!!

Morgan Stanley credit card - WON!!!

LTSB credit card - MCOL issued WON!!

Barclaycard - MCOL issued for balance of partial refund 200.00

Gorvins Solicitors - WON!!!

• 1 month later...

HSBC - Pre Lim sent 12-12-06, LBA sent 27-12-06, reissued 5-1-07. Part offer rejected 17-1-07, MCOL 19-1-07, AQ - 21-2-07. Settled

Nationwide - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Pre lim sent 5-1-07, LBA sent 19-1-07, MCOL 2-2-07, WON 22-2-07.

Capital One - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Pre lim sent 17-1-07, LBA sent. Settled

MBNA - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Offer rejected 19-1-07, Pre Lim 19-1-07, LBA sent, Setteled 21-2-07.

MBNA Loan PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, Settled.

MBNA CC PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, WON 2-7-10.

HSBC PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, with Court

EGG PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, FOS upheld 3-7-10

Sorry about what happenned. However, I cannot see the point of complaining to the ombudsman, as the Insurance Company have fulfilled their obligations.

however, I cannot see why your insurance has gone up as a result of this claim. The claim has not been paid out, so should be a non fault claim, and your NCD should be back to what it was??? Check with your insurer the above is correct!!

Regarding the MIB, you should be able to claim - use this link Submit a Claim - you will need to register with the MIB

Hope this helps

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

thank you both for your help,

I will try that Craig

LTSB -claiming back WON!!!

Mint credit card - WON!!!

Morgan Stanley credit card - WON!!!

LTSB credit card - MCOL issued WON!!

Barclaycard - MCOL issued for balance of partial refund 200.00

Gorvins Solicitors - WON!!!