Virgin Car Insurance - Please Help Me!

shellbell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:(

I recently unfortunately had a crash in my car. It wasn't my fault, fortunately nobody was hurt and I didn't hit anyone but was hit from behind. Three cars were hit in all - all caused by a driver which drove off (who was later arrested by the police).

Because the police attended at the scene, all involved were given producers - no problem. I called Virgin the next day to advise them I had been in an accident but it wasn't my fault and just wanted to know what I should do - they informed me that my insurance had expired on the 12th September (8 weeks before my accident). They said they had written to me three times to tell me my insurance was due to expire but I never received any of the letters - I am not the sort of person to drive round without insurance. I have been driving for 15 years and have never and would never drive without insurance - this was purely an oversight on my part. Obviously I am upset as I have now had to go to the police station and tell them I wasn't insured and am now awaiting a summons. I am thankful no-one was hurt but angry at Virgin for not offering automatic renewal service or at least making more of an effort to let me know my insurance was going to run out - I have requested copy letters but have not received these either. Address is correct. Do I have a leg to stand on with regard to the court summons?

motor insurance is normally automatically renewed - especially if you pay your premiums by direct debit. if this is not the case then unfortunately ignorance of the law is no excuse and you will have to deal with the consequences as it is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is driven in accordance with the law. sorry.