Cogent VS HBOS

Cogent
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all!

i have an account with the Bank of Scotland and i have been reading alot of the forum threads and i still have a few questions, there seems to be some conjecture about what you can claim back form the bank.

i have calculated that the bank have taken a total of £461 from me in total.

now this is broken down to 2 main charges O/D excess charges and Account maintenance charges.

the main query i have before i go head and claim the wrong things is -

can i claim account maintenance at the same time as my bank charges?

or do i have to claim the OD charges and after that is successful do i then claim the Account maintenance?

if thats the case how to i go about claiming the account maintenance?

i am getting so confused!

ive got all my statements and i am trying to work out how to move forward with my claim. they dont make it easy tho! :|

thanks for reading!

hello all!

i have calculated that the bank have taken a total of £461 from me in total.

now this is broken down to 2 main charges O/D excess charges and Account maintenance charges.

the main query i have before i go head and claim the wrong things is -

can i claim account maintenance at the same time as my bank charges?

or do i have to claim the OD charges and after that is successful do i then claim the Account maintenance?

if thats the case how to i go about claiming the account maintenance?

ive got all my statements and i am trying to work out how to move forward with my claim. they dont make it easy tho! :|

thanks for reading!

What is the account maint charge for and how much is it? If it is a charge then you can claim it back at the same time as the OD charges. Once you confirm the account maint charge you need to send you prelim letter to your bank the template is in the Library.

hi

thanks for your prompt response!

i think they were occurred when i went over my limit.

i didnt pay a monthly fee on my account or anything like that

its for £15 then towards the end it was £28

hi

thanks for your prompt response!

i think they were occurred when i went over my limit.

i didnt pay a monthly fee on my account or anything like that

How much was it for? If its a fee for using your overdraft you can not claim it back.

there are various fees starting out at £15 and ending at £28

it doesnt tell me anywhere on my statements what there for... major confusion

Ok ring your bank and ask them to confirm what these charges are for. I believe that you can claim these back.

oo thanks for your help

i will go into the branch and find out..

do you know if you can claim back from a bank that you HAD an account with but closed it?

thanks early bird helper

good good... well i will pop into the bank today and report back later with some definite answers from the bank, i just hope i get someone who knows what there talking about! would make a plesent change from the norm!

good good... well i will pop into the bank today and report back later with some definite answers from the bank, i just hope i get someone who knows what there talking about! would make a plesent change from the norm!

You can hand deliver the SAR to the branch to save time requesting the statements.

i already have them.... ive been meaning to do this for about six months now, have had ll my statements sitting out ready to go! just getting into the swing of it just now.

there is one more thing that is confusing me.. on a few occasions i had £20 charges. i phoned up that bank and they gave me £10 back, not the full £20. when i am filling in my spread sheet i just put £10 on the date that the £20 as taken. ( the £10 was returned a few days later ) is that the correct procedure? or should i mention what has happened at the bottom of the spread sheet?

i already have them.... ive been meaning to do this for about six months now, have had ll my statements sitting out ready to go! just getting into the swing of it just now.

there is one more thing that is confusing me.. on a few occasions i had £20 charges. i phoned up that bank and they gave me £10 back, not the full £20. when i am filling in my spread sheet i just put £10 on the date that the £20 as taken. ( the £10 was returned a few days later ) is that the correct procedure? or should i mention what has happened at the bottom of the spread sheet?

Just put the £10 charge. Don not mention it on the spreadsheet.