VAT exemption for people with disabilities

freebird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not so true now. Mileage used to be big issue as limited to something very small(6000 pa I believe) and charged 10p per mile over - absolutely useless to those of us who need to drive where others walk.

Now altered to allow (I believe) 10,000 per annum.

As fully comp. insurance is provided as part of the deal all you need to remember is to get any dents etc. fixed on insurance just before car goes back. If you need more miles then you are permitted to purchase a car yourself and are exempt several of the HP laws, meaning you do not need 20% deposit and can pay back over eg 5 years instead of 5 - still worth talking to motability registered dealer as they know all about this.

As fully comp. insurance is provided as part of the deal all you need to remember is to get any dents etc. fixed on insurance just before car goes back.
I have to disagree with that, or qualify it at least. Unless the dent is a big one (as in having bashed something) then minor bumps and scrapes, chips, dents from s/one banging their door against yours (don't you love 'em? :mad:) and such do not have to be dealt with, they will be treated as standard wear and tear. In fact, Mota specifically tells you this when it comes to change over, asking you NOT to try and fill/remove/hide them as you could do worse damage to the bodywork.

Once the car is returned to the dealership, it will get processed and then sent straight to auction, so they really don't give a toss about minor damage. My last one had 2 substantial chips on the windscreen, a good few scrapes on the back bumper and on the driver's side (walking stick etc) and conkers damage all over the bonnet and roof, the guy didn't even blink and I got my £200 bonus back within 1 week. :-)

Thanks Bookworm. Suspect it depends on dealer.

Re steering wheel knob.

If you are Registered disabled you are entitled to be assessed for required aids by an occupational therapist or in this area (Bristol) by a Disability Living centre assessor. If the stated requirement is a steering wheel knob then yes it does. BUT be aware that you need to inform medical Section DVLA and you will be unable to drive any vehicle not adapted as per your statement

• 1 year later...