The great Royalties Rip Off!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Most RBS customers have one of our Royalties accounts.

Royalties £6/month = £72 per year

Royalties Gold £12/month = £144 per year

Royalties Premier £15/month = £180 per year

These accounts come with different benefits, but I'd say the vast majority of customers don't get their money's worth over the year.

All I'm saying is look at the benefits carefully and see if you're actually using what you're paying for. If not, just pop into a branch and ask to be downgraded back to an ordinary "Interest Paying Current Account" (IPCA). You can upgrade/downgrade your account at any time in the future without penalty.

(If anyones just got a standard £6 a month Royalties account it's highly unlikely you're getting any value from this as the benefits aren't all that useful. Look at whether a Royalties Gold account for £12 a month gives a better deal or if not just go back to an IPCA and save yourself the £6 each month)

It can be useful to upgrade to a Royalties accounts in some instances - when taking out a loan for example as the bank gives better rates with this. Just downgrade after a month and you still have the exactly the same loan rate and save the monthly fee. (Hey if you really need a loan shop around there are better deals out there!)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 08 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks