RBS Credit Card Charges

dpfoib
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone come across the following issue with RBS?

I have two credit cards with RBS and a Royalties Gold Account. One of the cards has the normal RBS rate less the discount for being a Royalties customer; the other doesn't. I contacted the RBS credit card centre to ask about the disparity and their response was that this was correct as the card with the higher rate of interest had been taken out in 1987 - ie prior to the Royalties account being set up - and therefore was not eligible for the discount! My argument that the discount should have applied from the time I became a Royalties account holder fell on stony ground - they claim older cards simply aren't eligible.

Has this happened to anyone else or is anyone aware of what it actually says in the Royalties marketing literature? It's so long ago since I opened this account I confess I have no documentation and have no idea whether I am being spun a line and they really are conning me out of the discounted rate or if this is just one of those things.

Any comments gratefully appreciated.

What does it say on your credit card statement? Classic? Gold? Platinum? Something else??

Older credit cards may well not be elligible for the royalties discount. If you've a copy of the royalties information booklet to hand it should tell you in there what cards are elligible for the discount (I'll see if i can check tomorrow for u)

Also double check as i know that some older credit cards charge an annual fee, if so just take out a new one and cancel the old card.

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 08 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks