Insurance Claim Nightmare !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Quick detail: Submitted a claim for a laptop on the 8 September 2006, it got delivered yesterday !

In between this I had to do all the calling to find out how the claim was progressing and I just got fobbed off every time and no-one returned my calls.

So i wrote to the insurers detailing what had happened, 4 letters later I get a letter stating they are confident it is not their fault and they will revert in 28 days.

I write back stating 28 days is an insult and I want a response within 7 days as i have already waited over 2 months.

They have wrote back stating the people who took the laptop for survey were a third party and cannot comment and that the loss adjusters have admitted they could have been more pro-active in sorting it out.

So....I want to submit a compensation claim for being laptopless for nearly 3 months, my time chasing and my postage etc, whcih i would not have incurred in the normal course of an insurance claim.

Anybody got any ideas what I should be claiming i.e. how much etc and what for?

Barclays - £276.60

6/11/06 prelim letter sent:eek:

22/11/06 LBA Sent:-)

N1 to be filed 30 Jan 2007 :cool:

Barclaycard - Awaiting response from prelim + complaint for blatant ignorance. Unsure of Charges. :mad: