Scottish Provident - Life Assurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out life assurance with Scottish Provident in the late 1980s in connection with a property purchase. The sum assured was £50,000 and the policy was to run until my 65th birthday on 27th January 2014. All premiums (approx £25 monthly) were paid by direct debit from my NatWest bank account.

Last January when I was preparing my self assessment tax returns for the tax year 2004/2005, I noticed that these payements had not been collected since July 2004. My wife telephoned Scottish Provident, and was told that it had become compulsary for them to hold NI numbers for all their policy holders. They claim that a letter to me requesting this information had been returned marked ‘no longer at this address’ and that a letter to my bank had received no response. They stated that it would not be possible to reinstate the policy, nor could they provide copies of the letters alledgely sent to me or our bank (with whom I have banked consistantly since 1985), or even tell me to what addresses these letters had been sent. Promises to provide further information were unfullfilled. My subsequent calls and e-mails have received no response whatsoever. Help!

You could try sending a SAR to them to obtain whatever information that they have regarding your account, They should then supply you with all copies of letters etc that had been sent to you ..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.