Tesco Home Insurance - Automatic Renewal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice???

I have teco home insurance and it must have been up for renewal on the 1st July 2006 which i didn't realise and they automatically renewed it without my authorisation (and increased their premium at the same time).

I have only just realised is there anything I can do? Im quite annoyed becuse if I had renewed on the internet it would 35% cheaper. Tesco say tough cannot backdate the premiums, or the cancellation, any advice?

I would have thought if the premium was increased then you would have to of been asked first, did they send you any paper work prior to this as they should ahve to of informed you of teh higher rating.

if not they could have added £500 or £1000 as they liked, there is alot of this going on, there has to be a clause somewhere.:confused:

Working in Insurance myself, Under FSA regs, Insurers have to send out a renewal notice 21 days before the due date. If you didnt receive this, then check to ensure your address is correct with the Insurer. A simple house number error can mean you not getting the post, especially if its a temporary postman.

A lot of Companies will include an auto renewal clause on policies especially if you pay by direct debit, in which case you need to contact the Insurer to cancel, or amend the policy, otherwise (they claim) it makes it easier for you.

With regards to you not receiving the renewal pack, they can claim that this was sent in good faith and they dont have to guarantee it arrives - only that it was sent. If you wanted to cancel most Insurers will usually only do this from the date you contact them, this is because they have been providing cover from the renewal date. Beware though as a cancellation fee and time on cover payment could be made.

If you get no joy with Customer Services it may be worth writing to Customer Relations. I'm sure they will do a deal to retain the business.

Hope this is of assistance.

In Insurance, thinking "It wont happen to me" could mean you dont have the cover you want at a time when you want it! - Dont always reject a Courtesy Car or Legal because you find the cost too much! Whats more valuable? YOU or the Policy Premium?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add to my reputation if my reply was informative to you. (click the scales);) Replies offered by me are not linked to anyone, and is from my own personal experience.:grin:

Thanks very much for your help. I am going to cancel the policy today and renew on-line at Tesco to get a cheaper premium, over £150 cheaper!!

I think I will still pursue them for the return of the other premiums, if the boot was on the other foot I am sure they would not honour the insurance !!

go for it.

It may be worth doing a quote online if you havent already and give them that quote number first to see if they will match the price on the existing policy. If you already have got a quote use that.

Most will help to retain the business.:p

In Insurance, thinking "It wont happen to me" could mean you dont have the cover you want at a time when you want it! - Dont always reject a Courtesy Car or Legal because you find the cost too much! Whats more valuable? YOU or the Policy Premium?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add to my reputation if my reply was informative to you. (click the scales);) Replies offered by me are not linked to anyone, and is from my own personal experience.:grin: