Urgent Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was hoping some one could help me. I am not sure if I have put this in the right place but here goes...

Firstly:My partners dad was diagnosed with a grade 4 glioblastoma multiform (malignant brain tumor) he has life insurance and they are going to pay out but because the broker said he was born in 53 not 52 they are taking off £7k. But can they do this the form had his date of birth wrong but it had his age right and they took copies of his birthcertificate and his passport. If they had checked against this when they recieved the application initially should they not have picked up on it? Can I get them to pay the 7k???

Secondly: He is being hounded by banks to pay back his loans, credit cards ect I have send the letter about harrassment but he is now unable to work and can not pay them... some banks have been good and written it off others have reduced the payments but others want all the money now they nkow he is terminal...

Is there anything I can send them? To shut them up or at least be make them be reasonable?

This is now getting urgent as the more he gets upset and stressed the more ill he gets.....

09.12.2006 B&W LBA sent

22.11.2006 B&W prelim letter sent asking £5500.32

23.11.2006 TMB S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

Not sure on all of your problem, however Life Insurance is no different to Car/Home Insurance etc - it is the policyholders responsibility to check all details are correct when you receive the documents.

If any details are incorrect then you need to notify the insurer asap.

They may be within their rights and i'm sure some Companies may even refuse to pay out for incorrect information but I would take it up with them first to see how you go. At least they are offering a pay out.

Hope your father in law gets good care.:)

In Insurance, thinking "It wont happen to me" could mean you dont have the cover you want at a time when you want it! - Dont always reject a Courtesy Car or Legal because you find the cost too much! Whats more valuable? YOU or the Policy Premium?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add to my reputation if my reply was informative to you. (click the scales);) Replies offered by me are not linked to anyone, and is from my own personal experience.:grin: